CUTLASS 86 Cutlass Supreme Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcaracciolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2022
Hi there everyone,

I own an 86 Cutlass Supreme 4 door, and about a year ago someone pulled in front of me, and damaged the front of my car.

Everything works fine, but I can't find replacement parts, and I am really not sure if parts are interchangeable with models, i.e. if the sloped front ends fit on any model, different hoods, etc. Any help or advice would be appreciated. The car is in such great condition otherwise.

My car is in MA, but I live in CO. I will attach pictures here as well. Thanks everyone

Attachments

• 20221021_141108.jpg
    20221021_141108.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20221021_141126.jpg
    20221021_141126.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 58
  • 20221021_141121.jpg
    20221021_141121.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20221021_141114.jpg
    20221021_141114.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 69

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Hi there everyone,

I own an 86 Cutlass Supreme 4 door, and about a year ago someone pulled in front of me, and damaged the front of my car.

Everything works fine, but I can't find replacement parts, and I am really not sure if parts are interchangeable with models, i.e. if the sloped front ends fit on any model, different hoods, etc. Any help or advice would be appreciated. The car is in such great condition otherwise.

My car is in MA, but I live in CO. I will attach pictures here as well. Thanks everyone
Hang on to it. It always seems things work out. I have an 86 like yours but nothing extra to send. But check Copart and IAAI.com.

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
This one is at Long Island IAAI. You would have to find broker and have it shipped.

I go to the Arizona ones, nothing in my area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221025-220544.png
    Screenshot_20221025-220544.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20221025-220634.png
    Screenshot_20221025-220634.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 58

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
This one was on Autopten.com. private owner.

Its 1983 but front should work for yours.

Some of these ads don't get updated always, so you would need to check if still active ad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221025-225112.png
    Screenshot_20221025-225112.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20221025-225121.png
    Screenshot_20221025-225121.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 56

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hi there everyone,

You've got a 4 dr so you need 4 Dr parts. Ignore anything that is 2 door based.

Woonsocket auto salvage has a complete front clip listed in their database on a tan 1981, but, you'd need to verify cost and condition yourself. Easily repairable is rust damage on the core support where the rubber bushings sit to mount to the frame and can be a bargaining point to get price down.

mcaracciolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2022
You've got a 4 dr so you need 4 Dr parts. Ignore anything that is 2 door based.

Woonsocket auto salvage has a complete front clip listed in their database on a tan 1981, but, you'd need to verify cost and condition yourself. Easily repairable is rust damage on the core support where the rubber bushings sit to mount to the frame and can be a bargaining point to get price down.
Okay, thank you for that info. I don't see 4 drs much so I didn't know how part interchangeability worked. Do you know if these clips come with the headlight housing? Hope that's not a stupid question

mcaracciolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2022
This one was on Autopten.com. private owner.

Its 1983 but front should work for yours.

Some of these ads don't get updated always, so you would need to check if still active ad.
Okay, thank you. If that isnt active, do you have some other decent sites? I may also check some junkyards in my area in CO

mcaracciolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2022
This one is at Long Island IAAI. You would have to find broker and have it shipped.

I go to the Arizona ones, nothing in my area.
Based on info from another reply, I don't think that front clip will work. Thank you alot though for the info

mcaracciolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2022
Hang on to it. It always seems things work out. I have an 86 like yours but nothing extra to send. But check Copart and IAAI.com.
That's what my father keeps saying too. I love the car, but I don't want it to end up sitting there, like so many people do. In the end, if I cant fix it i'd rather end up selling to someone who really wants it and give them that opportunity, like the second owner did for me when I really wanted it.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Okay, thank you for that info. I don't see 4 drs much so I didn't know how part interchangeability worked. Do you know if these clips come with the headlight housing? Hope that's not a stupid question
No such thing as a stupid question, well, except for some ls-swap ones. ;)

Anyways, when you talk to a salvage yard there's some terms they use that can help you. Private parties are full of idiots that twist and misuse meanings so all bets go off from them.

That one I posted for you in Woonsocket RI should have everything, only thing is that sometimes a car came into the yard with some small piece damaged, or, it gets sold off it. They'll tell you about it if reputable.

Anyways:

A 'loaded' header panel is supposed to include all grilles, headlights, etc unless noted. Sometimes the bumper cover/lower fascia that's the big painted piece between header and metal bumper on a cutlass is sold with the bumper, and not the header panel.

A 'front nose/clip' is supposed to include hood, radiator core support, both fenders, any wheelwell liners, fan shrouds, your loaded header panel, all the braces and such. Depending on the yard sometimes they include a radiator and a front bumper with the shock assemblies, sometimes not, but usually toss it in - that's something you ask.

A '3/4 Nose' usually is either called a LH 3/4 nose or RH 3/4 nose. You get everything they would give from the front clip except one of the fenders. With a LH 3/4 you don't get the passenger fender, it's meant to fix a front driver side hit. The RH 3/4 is just the opposite.

Generally, the front nose clip or 3/4 nose is priced cheaper than what they sell each part for added together if bought individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor