CUTLASS 86 Cutlass Supreme Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcaracciolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2022
No such thing as a stupid question, well, except for some ls-swap ones. ;)

Anyways, when you talk to a salvage yard there's some terms they use that can help you. Private parties are full of idiots that twist and misuse meanings so all bets go off from them.

That one I posted for you in Woonsocket RI should have everything, only thing is that sometimes a car came into the yard with some small piece damaged, or, it gets sold off it. They'll tell you about it if reputable.

Anyways:

A 'loaded' header panel is supposed to include all grilles, headlights, etc unless noted. Sometimes the bumper cover/lower fascia that's the big painted piece between header and metal bumper on a cutlass is sold with the bumper, and not the header panel.

A 'front nose/clip' is supposed to include hood, radiator core support, both fenders, any wheelwell liners, fan shrouds, your loaded header panel, all the braces and such. Depending on the yard sometimes they include a radiator and a front bumper with the shock assemblies, sometimes not, but usually toss it in - that's something you ask.

A '3/4 Nose' usually is either called a LH 3/4 nose or RH 3/4 nose. You get everything they would give from the front clip except one of the fenders. With a LH 3/4 you don't get the passenger fender, it's meant to fix a front driver side hit. The RH 3/4 is just the opposite.

Generally, the front nose clip or 3/4 nose is priced cheaper than what they sell each part for added together if bought individually.
Thank you, this is extremely helpful. I'm glad I found this forum.

I don't see the RI car, maybe my phone is not loading it?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Thank you, this is extremely helpful. I'm glad I found this forum.

I don't see the RI car, maybe my phone is not loading it?
Quite welcome.

There's no pictures, no link posted here. It's at an auto salvage company that listed it in their online inventory. You can search car-part.com but you'll need to call them to discuss it in the end. Ive found those companies seldom get around to doing the whole email thing, too busy to respond to the inquiries. Based on your pics and the damage I saw I searched for front nose assembly, but, of course you can do other searches for parts based on how you prefer to fix it.

mcaracciolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2022
Quite welcome.

There's no pictures, no link posted here. It's at an auto salvage company that listed it in their online inventory. You can search car-part.com but you'll need to call them to discuss it in the end. Ive found those companies seldom get around to doing the whole email thing, too busy to respond to the inquiries. Based on your pics and the damage I saw I searched for front nose assembly, but, of course you can do other searches for parts based on how you prefer to fix it.
Yes, I realized you said the salvage place after I replied -_-. I'm gonna be calling the place this week, hopefully they can get me a good price on the front nose assembly. I was just going to take it all off and replace, rather than piecing it together.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yes, I realized you said the salvage place after I replied -_-. I'm gonna be calling the place this week, hopefully they can get me a good price on the front nose assembly. I was just going to take it all off and replace, rather than piecing it together.
Absolutely saves on the alignment of panels. Only problem you might run into is if your frame horns need a slight pull to be aligned. Gbody frames are pretty flimsy. You may run into trouble aligning the fender to door gap if the radiator support is clocked upwards 1/8 inch from a raised frame horn.... likewise one that is bent down.

There are diagrams that give frame measurements, including from the ground, for distinct points on the frame from the factory. If you get a verified level ground (such as a slab, using level) and measure you can get an idea how you sit. Likewise, they give you measurements to triangulate and see if things are still square from Centerpoint of one hole to another. They've been posted here on the site in the past, but, I think Google will even point you to links on this site for gbody frame measurements.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Just curious if you ever found what you needed? I just posted some cars found locally in Arizona. I walked the yard thinking of your request. I didn't find four door unit. In my travels..., will keep in back of mind.

Many of the 4 doors get enduro raced. As rules restrict engine to 305 and pistons no larger than 3.801 which is the Chevy 305 punched out max. Because they get raced most soft parts and lamp assemblies and interior get tossed or squirreled away. So that might be another source.

It's always amazing the oddball stuff you find on Craigslist, OfferUp, and Facebook Market.

Also check your local bodyshops, might be surprised who they know and what's available.

I picked up several full cars for about $200 from IAAI and Copart. Used what I needed for current project then sold the rest.

One of my best deals was an 84 Delta 88, needed interior which was almost mint condition. So got full interior, engine, Trans, full set of new tires, 10 Bolt Posi. Sold the rest made another $1000 on top. So always keep looking.

Also think ... If you restore and keep the car, find a ready source you can park behind the house under a car cover. Never know what you may need next.

mcaracciolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2022
Just curious if you ever found what you needed? I just posted some cars found locally in Arizona. I walked the yard thinking of your request. I didn't find four door unit. In my travels..., will keep in back of mind.

Many of the 4 doors get enduro raced. As rules restrict engine to 305 and pistons no larger than 3.801 which is the Chevy 305 punched out max. Because they get raced most soft parts and lamp assemblies and interior get tossed or squirreled away. So that might be another source.

It's always amazing the oddball stuff you find on Craigslist, OfferUp, and Facebook Market.

Also check your local bodyshops, might be surprised who they know and what's available.

I picked up several full cars for about $200 from IAAI and Copart. Used what I needed for current project then sold the rest.

One of my best deals was an 84 Delta 88, needed interior which was almost mint condition. So got full interior, engine, Trans, full set of new tires, 10 Bolt Posi. Sold the rest made another $1000 on top. So always keep looking.

Also think ... If you restore and keep the car, find a ready source you can park behind the house under a car cover. Never know what you may need next.
No, unfortunately I haven't found anything. A big issue I have is the car is in MA, while I am in CO. I am thinking about asking shops around here in CO like you mentioned, people out here have all sorts of cars.

I really appreciate the thought, I really enjoyed this car and it was very reliable. I also need more seats than what my truck has now, as I am expecting a child 🙂

I've never checked offerup or facebook, I will go through those as well.

If all else fails I may just sell the car, and hopefully someone on here would be interested and have more time/ availability to fix it.

For now though I will keep looking!

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Life is funny sometimes.. When I bought mine there was another one in Phoenix $300. Same color and every thing like yours, blown engine. I bought mine in Tucson and was intending to get the other one as well, but was already sold.
I'll keep looking around my area. There's another guy I know I'll check with him, he's kind a pricey though.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Two available IAAI.com

One is Salt Lake, the other Albuquerque.

Screenshot_20221121-114315.png
Screenshot_20221121-114255.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221121-114055.png
    Screenshot_20221121-114055.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20221121-114029.png
    Screenshot_20221121-114029.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor