'86 Elky Oil Pressure gage

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldelky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2012
Mid Coast CA
I've had this old Elky for about 10 years now, it's just a work car, and a few weeks ago I noticed the OEM oil pressure gage was acting odd. It would move in jerky motions. Then one day, as I got off the freeway after a 45 Min run, the oil pressure was down in the far left, Wow, that gets your attention! :shock: No lifter noise, no smoke, normal temp. I hooked up a direct gage, and the OP is fine. So, replaced the transmitter, as it was easiest to do, but same low OP reading on the stock gage. I had some left over stuff from my '83 (stolen) in a shed, and got lucky, as the small gages cluster was there, and I even marked it OK !! How often do you actually end up using the junk you saved ?? That was a 1st in a long time. Anyhow, took the instrument panel apart, cleaned the conntacts, put the old cluster in, and it's working OK now. Sure glad I didn't dump the car for low oil pressure. :!: Is it common for the OEM gages to go bad? Is anyone making them again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor