GRAND PRIX 86 Grand Prix LE Refresh w/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
On a side note, I picked up a set of Hedman Street Headers (Full length), collectors, custom bent (for a G-Body) stainless steel pipe from collector to muffler, and the mufflers are Flowmaster 40's.. $200

Dude went to a 568 Big Block in his G-Body..

All I need now is the pipe from the muffler over the rear end and either out the back or 45 out behind the rear tires.. Either will work for me.

Got the Tach on the A-Pillar (Its bouncy - needs the resistor, and damn radio shack is gone..)
Got a Grant Steering Wheel
put an inverter in the console for charging stuff
got a little bluetooth unit for the aux input of my stereo

BFG Radial T/As will be here Tuesday

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Got the Tach on the A-Pillar (Its bouncy - needs the resistor, and damn radio shack is gone..)

What value resistors would you need? I've got a whole pile of them (all sorts of values and wattage ratings). Postage (in a small envelope via USPS) should be cheep. No charge. Let me know.

Reactions: 4 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
What value resistors would you need? I've got a whole pile of them (all sorts of values and wattage ratings). Postage (in a small envelope via USPS) should be cheep. No charge. Let me know.

10k Ohm, 1/2 Watt

I am going by this video:

Found some on Amazon, but don't need 10.. or 100

Researching something local isn't panning out well.

If you have one, flip me a PM, I will definitely compensate ya for it!

-Gonz

• Informative

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I'm sending you two of each (9.1K, 10K and 11K) just so that you have some flexibility in adjustments. Like I said -- no charge. PM-ing you for address.

Hope it works out.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
That's very awesome of you, thanks!!!

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 user

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Not a problem. It'll be in the mail tomorrow. Let us know if this solution works!

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Got the tires on the front today.. No more front end problems.. Smooth as glass.

While it was up on the rack, I did a good inspection of the exhaust since its coming out, probably sooner rather than later. The Catalytic converter has already been removed. Looks like the headers are going to be a pain to get in, might have to take the motor mounts loose and raise the engine up.

Not too sure the drivers side pipe is going to get under the trans crossmember. Looking at the exhaust pipes, they basically made where the crossmember is Oval. I guess we will see. Going to get the mandralbent tailpipes that are 45 behind the tire instead of straight out the back.. They're a little more than I think they should be ($130 shipped) but it is what it is.. My biggest concern is the manifold bolts and the possibility of them snapping. Never had it happen, but.. Gaskets, hangers, etc. are all on the way. Tailpipes are going to have to wait until next paycheck. There still is a o2 sensor on the manifold, drivers side.. so Im thinking to go ahead and drill a hole and put a o2 sensor bung in the header.. The SES Light does come on (I replaced the bulb to see if it did, and if it did, what code it was throwing.. It is comes on and goes off.. its a code 44 (lean condition).

Shocks tomorrow!! And I have to adjust the headlights. Put the Glass H4 replacements in.. good and bright, but need adjusted.

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
This is what you need for true duals.
1541641911070.png

• Agree

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Yeah, I've seen them. The guy had these on a G-Body already and he said they went under the crossmember... I guess we will see.

Their website says all transmissions but the 200-R4.. and its an extra $250. I guess if I end up needing it, I end up needing it, but..

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor