BUILD THREAD 86 Monte Carlo LS swap and frame off resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

awdblazer

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2013
Thanks, I have been more of a reader than a writer!

I am using the stock fan shroud, but I cut part of it away to fit the cold air intake. And just have the electric fan attached to the rad. I can take another pic of that if you want, just let me know.

Where are you from?
winnipeg, in windsor park

Reactions: 1 user

LOS HINES

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2020
Outstanding Work Sir. I'm getting ready to start this process my self. Now you have to post some youtube videos of how it sounds please!!

buhler86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2018
Manitoba, Canada
What was your frame clean up and paint process?

Put the body on a rotisserie, used wire brushes and flap disks on an angle grinder to remove rust off of floor and frame. Then I used Eastwood fast etch to convert any hard to reach rust. Painted floor and frame inside and out. 2 coats grey, and one coat black. I can give specific products if you want. Got it from Eastwood.com in the states....this is certainly an oversimplification, and can give you details on certain parts if interested. Overall, I probably spent roughly 300 hours on the project spanning about 18 months. And heading to the garage tomorrow to diagnose some engine codes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor