64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Should mention, read the directions for cutting the holes for the sump. Smallish holes are better than giant holes or completely cutting it out. I believe his kit comes with a direction sheet. The idea is to keep fuel in the sump and not let it slosh out when corning hard.

All of the ones I've done will run out of fuel doing doughnuts at 1/4 tank or less.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Should mention, read the directions for cutting the holes for the sump. Smallish holes are better than giant holes or completely cutting it out. I believe his kit comes with a direction sheet. The idea is to keep fuel in the sump and not let it slosh out when corning hard.

All of the ones I've done will run out of fuel doing doughnuts at 1/4 tank or less.
Ok. So guessing if sump is 6 x 6 then make hole 4 x 4 or 5 x 5 so to leave a lip that traps fuel.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
I have a guy local that tigs most all of crap for beer.

I would recommend against trying to use a mig. I did once and it was a disaster. I have a small 140 mig that welds exhaust pipe fabulously, but these aftermarket tanks are extremely difficult because the metal is not consistent.
I’m in south Florida. I wish someone would do something like that down here. They may try and charge me what a completely new custom tank cost to do that work lol

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I’m in south Florida. I wish someone would do something like that down here. They may try and charge me what a completely new custom tank cost to do that work lol
You have to find someone. I'm sure they are down there, but hard to find. Keep lookin'. Personally, I wouldn't give more than a $100 for it.

Go find Kevin at KSR and tell him you'll get him 10 new subscribers to his youtube channel haha.

Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
You have to find someone. I'm sure they are down there, but hard to find. Keep lookin'. Personally, I wouldn't give more than a $100 for it.

Go find Kevin at KSR and tell him you'll get him 10 new subscribers to his youtube channel haha.
That sounds reasonable. People have lost their minds during the “pandemic”. Is Kevin in soflo?

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
If you’re in South Florida go to Racefittngs talk to James they he is great and helps out a ton. Amazing parts dealer but they also have some nice aluminum tanks with a sump that fit in the stock location. If not I’m sure they can either weld the sump in the in house shop or send you to someone who can. Might also want to check with Danny at South Florida Muscle Cars but he’s usually pretty busy.

Attachments

• BD626597-63AA-4FFD-859F-C86AE40788F8.png
    BD626597-63AA-4FFD-859F-C86AE40788F8.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: 1 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Kevin is in Gainesville
Search on you tube for KSR performance.

I don’t know him, only of him. I was being a bit sarcastic.

My point is you can find someone. Perhaps @DSPbuilt’s guy. Racers and car people stick together and generally help each other out when they can. You need to find those people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Search on you tube for KSR performance.

I don’t know him, only of him. I was being a bit sarcastic.

My point is you can find someone. Perhaps @DSPbuilt’s guy. Racers and car people stick together and generally help each other out when they can. You need to find those people.
Thanks again

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor