86 monte carlo ss fuel tank for efi 800-1000 hp range tt

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm a big fan of surge tanks. It's surprising its not used so much on domestic stuff but I seen them used a lot on high horse power imports.
I currently have a Racetronix sender with their 255pump as its enough for my N/A setup. I later plan to add a surge tank in the location of the spare tire well.
I can also mention its seems a lot of people think you need a huge fuel line there is plenty 1000+hp cars running on -8 with no problem, even with E85. The main problem is not starving the inlet of the pump.
Where ya been?

I agree on the surge tank. I'm looking into that setup to keep the stock tank and trunk space. The surge tank is a great way to keep a stock sumped tank and not run out of fuel. The downside is it's another gadget on the axle platform in the trunk (I'm getting full up there hehe).

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Where ya been?

I agree on the surge tank. I'm looking into that setup to keep the stock tank and trunk space. The surge tank is a great way to keep a stock sumped tank and not run out of fuel. The downside is it's another gadget on the axle platform in the trunk (I'm getting full up there hehe).
Work and life has taken over! Barely have any "me" time. I'm Changing things around to focus more on the family, projects, and the future. I'm usually on everyday reading but don't get to post often, unless I have something somewhat valuable to share. Also working on some top secret stuff I want to do. This weekend I'm picking up a truck that's going to serve as the new daily BUT it's a 6.0/4L80e combo....so you know where that is going to end up! :LOL:

Back to Fuel stuff. When I do the surge tank I would like to put a delete plate on the tire well and mount it under the car or kinda make a box with a door to keep it out out of the weather. With Holley have it staged to keep the fuel cooler than running all the pumps together fulltime

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Back to Fuel stuff. When I do the surge tank I would like to put a delete plate on the tire well and mount it under the car or kinda make a box with a door to keep it out out of the weather. With Holley have it staged to keep the fuel cooler than running all the pumps together fulltime
If I put one in, then it will be in the spare tire hole, fer sure.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Easiest, cheapest route would be stock tank, sumped by you. You'll need at least 1/2" lines, probably 5/8". Go with a high quality pump, mounted AND wired CORRECTLY.
Thats what i was thinking. found the spectra tank and the sump on summit. Where would i need to attach the sump? any pics?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I’ve bought mine from an eBay seller in Connecticut. Quality pieces. He’s one of the few that makes them with a -10 or -12 fitting.

If you need the link to him, then let me know.

58551686-C780-4656-9A86-2F9245DEAB79.jpeg D8A5CFDD-710B-45FD-8D32-B7C38358CC32.jpeg 6B9FEADD-519F-43FB-8711-C7BB2197BCE1.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Looks great. If you could share his contact that would be awesome. So just take tank and sump To a welder

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Looks great. If you could share his contact that would be awesome. So just take tank and sump To a welder
I have a guy local that tigs most all of crap for beer.

I would recommend against trying to use a mig. I did once and it was a disaster. I have a small 140 mig that welds exhaust pipe fabulously, but these aftermarket tanks are extremely difficult because the metal is not consistent.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor