87 442 the way they should have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well after careful consideration just ordered a set of axels for the 8 3/4 there conversion axels for like a dart or duster that are 5 on 4.5 bolt circle and longer than stock so they will except 65 and up full size brakes which Eric has laying around for free. They also already have the bearings and mounting plates on them and studs installed. Now I'm $345 in the rear not bad at all

Sorry Eric, I just can’t get behind scuzzy old Slopar parts in your 442.
Somehow to me it’s not not even close to how an “87 442 shoulda been”. (The title of your own thread)
😐

Skip all them damn BS headaches with mismatched axels and wheels plus all the fabrication and alignment issues, and

375C35D5-E374-42BB-941D-98D4A4967E28.jpeg

!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
There won't be any fitment issue the housing was built by Andy from A&D he was ones a highly recommend rear and chassis builder he's just semi-retired now.
KIMG0157.JPG

It's all done and was built in a jig so it's a bolt in with no modifications to the car. Other than cleaning up the shop and setting my intake on my motor nothing got done. With the wife home the honey do list keeps getting bigger so I had to go home and install some kitchen cabinets she got used. But I'll leave you with this
KIMG0156.JPG
and this is my bare block for mock up
KIMG0158.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Checked my tracking this morning and I'm getting excited.
Screenshot_20200428-063436.png

And over the weekend I got the 11" brakes off a Dana 60 for it for those who don't know as I didn't 8 3/4 and Dana use the same flanges on the housing so when I do decide to step up to 4 wheel disk it's not a problem. The brakes I got are new so I'm just going with them for now Eric went with a disk upgrade on his project and I gladly took the leftover parts.

Reactions: 4 users

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
Nice build! I don’t see too many other g-bodies on the road on Ocean County anymore so I look forward to seeing yours on the road!

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
KIMG0161.JPG

I like em! And bonus they have a second set of stud holes that are threaded for a disk brake conversion with long studs later down the road
KIMG0162.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's on fellas. After work tonight I dropped off my axels at the building and loaded the housing in the back of the suburban. My boss told me to bring it in and let the paint shop paint it for me. Not that I can't do it myself it's just easier this way and it will get baked. I ordered the gasket for the center and the ones for the backing plates/axels and I have a set of umi upper bushings coming. Looks like it's getting a rear done before a motor but that's fine they bolth need doing.

Reactions: 7 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
It's on fellas. After work tonight I dropped off my axels at the building and loaded the housing in the back of the suburban. My boss told me to bring it in and let the paint shop paint it for me. Not that I can't do it myself it's just easier this way and it will get baked. I ordered the gasket for the center and the ones for the backing plates/axels and I have a set of umi upper bushings coming. Looks like it's getting a rear done before a motor but that's fine they bolth need doing.
Any luck on some blazer brakes in NJ? There’s a yard that supposedly has some in south jersey that’s supposed to be opening tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Any luck on some blazer brakes in NJ? There’s a yard that supposedly has some in south jersey that’s supposed to be opening tomorrow.
Not yet the lkq website had some in Texas but with shipping it was $684 to my door so hell no! I found a hole Blazer extreme in DE with no motor and transmission for $300 but I'm not into that road trip right now. Do you remember the name of the yard?

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Late start today but I'm off and running I need to go to the shop and see if my housing is painted and grab some tools while I'm there. Today is a big day at the building we're moving cars again and making more room.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor