87 cutlass vacuum lines hook up for front vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbert hunter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2016
If your ac stuff is still sealed up you can do it yourself pretty cheaply. You could try a can of AC Pro or a cheaper one at Walmart. It may take two but unsure. I usually replace the drier, orifice tube, and and recharge
I think my refrigerant is r12 not r134

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
With the price of R-12 these days, you may want to look into converting your system to R-134A.
If the components are all original, it might be time to upgrade.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
With the price of R-12 these days, you may want to look into converting your system to R-134A.
If the components are all original, it might be time to upgrade.

you can usually pick up a conversion kit at any auto parts store or wal-mart type store for around $40 or so... it'll usually come with the fittings and normally 3 cans of r134... like longroof said, if the compressor is original, it probably won't survive long after conversion, so you'll want to change it and the related parts, and make sure you have someone put a vacuum on the system to make sure any moisture is out of the system.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
To properly retrofit the system you have to flush out all of the old mineral oil and replace all the o-rings. Its wise to replace the accumulator and the orifice tube at the same time.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor