BUILD THREAD '88 Hurst 455 engine rebuild

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Since the red engine got rebuilt and dyno'ed and then went into the black '70, the mild 455 that was living in the silver car is now in the throes of a rebuild. Accessory removal, pull, put on engine stand and completely pull down to bare block.
IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

The aftermath

IMG_2038.JPG

Next, block, caps and crank go to the machine shop for checking and then a whole bunch of parts get bought to put the shortblock together after the machine work is done.

It’s impressive that you were able to pull that without removing the hood! Tuned in for the updates. 👍🏻

Reactions: scoti
Thanks! It’s easy with a carb pad lift plate and a very short lift chain. I can do the same even with engine/trans combo. I didn’t pull the hood on the ‘70 either when I did it up with engine/trans combo.

It's nice to not remove the hood if you don't have too!

Reactions: Rktpwrd

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor