88 olds 307 belt squeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
One thing I have done in the past to help with belt slipping on a v-belt system is sand blast the inner part of the pulley where the belt rides to give it a slight texture to grip onto.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Olds V8''s can be a nightmare due to missing spacers, 4 different water pump lengths and pulleys only working with the correct length water pump, unless you get creative.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
Yes sir they cam be a pain in th a$* that's for sure....mainly misalignment I had the same problem when I got my 86 missing bolts and spacers just got creative.

Angel88olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2018
Yes sir they cam be a pain in th a$* that's for sure....mainly misalignment I had the same problem when I got my 86 missing bolts and spacers just got creative.
I had to tighten the ps belt and the ac belt as well. Just glad I got rid of that damn squeal

Onehit

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
No ac on mine...but that belt noise can get real annoing
With no a.c. there's to much pull on one side. You and lighten it up with a dual groove p.s. pully. Dorman pt # 300-125. My a.c. has been removed since the engine rebuild and no squeal.

Reactions: 1 user

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
With no a.c. there's to much pull on one side. You and lighten it up with a dual groove p.s. pully. Dorman pt # 300-125. My a.c. has been removed since the engine rebuild and no squeal.
No squeal with single pulley it's just when I got car were missing a lot of spacers and what not so I had to improvise. But thanks for the info...as a mattee of fact I did try the double pulley and it had a hairline fracture and was no good...just think its not made like they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor