9/11

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Also every veteran from every country should be reminded that there service was not in vain!
While recent world events may make many question exactly that (and the VA and other support groups have raised many concerns about the need for mental support increases as a result) all the vets, front line or not, should try to remember and be reminded how few incidents there have been since then. Without their sacrifices who knows how many things could've happened here.

Many in the general pop should too.

Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I was only 7 when this happened, but it’s still very sad to know many people lost their lives, and some living with health issues because of what happened.

May they never be forgotten.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
While recent world events may make many question exactly that (and the VA and other support groups have raised many concerns about the need for mental support increases as a result) all the vets, front line or not, should try to remember and be reminded how few incidents there have been since then. Without their sacrifices who knows how many things could've happened here.

Many in the general pop should too.
This just happened recently. https://patch.com/new-york/massapequa/19-hour-standoff-nassau-veteran-ends-peacefully-police

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I had a late class so I slept in that day. I woke up to the news report of the first plane hitting. When I started watching, I saw the second one hit live. As soon as my future wife got out of school we took a ride up to south mountain reservation in west Orange, NJ. We watched the smoldering wreckage in disbelief. The smoke was rising as if the towers were right behind still. So many times we were there looking at the skyline, and it was no longer there. No one there could believe it. And I know no one thought this country would be where it is now. It’s sickening all around.

Reactions: 1 users

NJ Longroof

Random guy
Feb 27, 2020
I grew up in the shadow of NYC and spent my teens running around the streets of the city. At the time was living on LBI working in a restaurant and had a rare morning off. Saw the tower burning on TV and minutes later saw the second plane hit and later watched the towers fall in shock and disbelief. I remebet the words a family friend who was in the first tower hit and made it out... He said "he was struck by how young the alot FDNY guys were heading up the step as he was heading down, the looks on their faces, and knowing many were not making out alive. RIP to all who lost their lives. Resized_20210911_204626.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
My first daughter was born at 6:06 that morning. She was a little positive light that day. I feel that was her purpose in life. She was born sick as i found soon after and 13 months later she was called to heaven. Her purpose fulfilled. I’ll never forget 9/11/01.

• Optimistic
  • Friendly
Reactions: 8 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I had mixed feeling about posting this as it may make raw wounds to those who have personal sources of grief related to the events and aftermath. Ultimately I decided, right or wrong, that not sharing is as bad as the media failing to give these actions the attention and negative press they would've if someone treated a social justice project the same way.

Vandalism in boston

Vandalism at WU StL campus

Vandalism at UVA

Vandalism at MI St

it doesn't take much to see where things have wound up these days. 60 seconds searching are showing reports throughout the country where memorials to those who passed away in the attacks are disrespected and vandalized. I pulled a handful, of course. Problem is you aren't seeing mainstream media reporting on this backlash against remembrances. Even the quotes on efforts or the level of repercussions to be faced is disheartening compared to, as we've seen to anyone interpreted as being against the social justice movements.

To put it into one word.

Sign.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I had mixed feeling about posting this as it may make raw wounds to those who have personal sources of grief related to the events and aftermath. Ultimately I decided, right or wrong, that not sharing is as bad as the media failing to give these actions the attention and negative press they would've if someone treated a social justice project the same way.

Vandalism in boston

Vandalism at UVA

Vandalism at MI St

it doesn't take much to see where things have wound up these days. 60 seconds searching are showing reports throughout the country where memorials to those who passed away in the attacks are disrespected and vandalized. I pulled a handful, of course. Problem is you aren't seeing mainstream media reporting on this backlash against remembrances. Even the quotes on efforts or the level of repercussions to be faced is disheartening compared to, as we've seen to anyone interpreted as being against the social justice movements.

To put it into one word.

Sign.
No words can describe how that makes me feel. Disgusting

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
I was a freshman in highschool, I was walking between 1st and 2nd period when the first plane hit. Watched the news all of 2nd period, lunch, and 3rd period. My last class of the day was American History, walked in and class began like normal, I finally raised my hand and asked "are we going to watch what's going on right now?" I will never forget that teachers response "It's not relevant to American History." I always knew that teacher was an idiot but he proved it that day.

Prior to those events, I had been thinking about joining the military after graduation. That day solidified my decision. Graduation came, I left for basic the next week. 13.5 weeks of hell later I became a US Marine. A very long story I will keep short, I fell asleep while driving and sheared my hip off upon being ejected from my truck. 3 weeks later I stopped receiving calls and stop getting answers from CO's and points of contact. I received a letter telling me any prior commitment to the USMC I had was now null and void. Have a good life. 12 months later I was able to decently walk again. I was very bitter and angry about all of these events for a long time. But if I had continued, I would not have met my wife or have my son today, so it's hard to stay angry. All I wanted was my chance to serve my country and be the best.

The amount of pride and patriotism I saw come from the events of that day were indescribable. I want those days back. I really hope it does not take another event like that to unify the country again, and if it happened again, I'm unsure if it even would unify the country at this point.

R.I.P. to everyone that perished due to the events of that day and the continued ripples we see today. You, and your actions are not and will not be forgot.

Semper Fidelis

Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I was at work when we started to hear about the first plane as just a bad plane crash. Then the second hit & everything changed. After the crash at Shanksville I was on the phone with my unit to see what was going on & was told to tell my employer if I had to go I was going to be leaving to head there. Our unit was set on stand by as they grabbed the battalion closer to the site. A few of us spent the evening staging equiptment incase it was needed by us or at the site. I still don't remember going to sleep that night, just as the two days were just one. I never thought of how that day would change down the road.

Vandalism in boston

Vandalism at UVA

Vandalism at MI St

To put it into one word.

Sign.
This kind of behavior is uncalled for, it's about respect for those who either by choice or became the victims of those cowards that hijacked the planes at the three crash sites. Passengers who knew they were going to die to ensure they fought to the end. Firefiighters, paramedics, police & some regular people doing what they knew was needed to help save others regardless of the danger & time available to get all they could out. Service members & cilvilians trying to get to there co-workers to save them. The people of America & the world coming together cause it wasn't just American citizens who were lost that day. This was something that impacted the world. Fast forward to today, the national pride is not there. The same group of people praised for there sacrifices to serve & protect & seen as the first line in the publics protection are now be villainized. Then too see the video & read the articles to see college students denoucing the memory, schools not allowing memorials, memorials being vandalized makes me wonder at times who won if the dead can't even get their respect & honor. As the saying goes, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor