9/11

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
This kind of behavior is uncalled for, it's about respect for those who either by choice or became the victims of those cowards that hijacked the planes at the three crash sites. Passengers who knew they were going to die to ensure they fought to the end. Firefiighters, paramedics, police & some regular people doing what they knew was needed to help save others regardless of the danger & time available to get all they could out. Service members & cilvilians trying to get to there co-workers to save them. The people of America & the world coming together cause it wasn't just American citizens who were lost that day. This was something that impacted the world. Fast forward to today, the national pride is not there. The same group of people praised for there sacrifices to serve & protect & seen as the first line in the publics protection are now be villainized. Then too see the video & read the articles to see college students denoucing the memory, schools not allowing memorials, memorials being vandalized makes me wonder at times who won if the dead can't even get their respect & honor. As the saying goes, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana.
Probably said better, and more concisely, than I think I ever could.

Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I think part of the problem is these idiots that did that crap are almost detached from what happened at 9/11. Some of them were still infants when it happened. What they know about it was taught to them by teachers in school. Just that could be a good or bad thing. People in NY and NJ felt it in a different way. We lost friends, relatives, neighbors, loved ones.
I have strong feelings about all of this but like I said before theyre never going to be posted on this forum.
Just a little add on. I'd like to see one of the a-holes that stomped on the flags or the idiot that put them in garbage bags try doing that in front of a vet or a member of the FDNY.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I think part of the problem is these idiots that did that crap are almost detached from what happened at 9/11. Some of them were still infants when it happened. What they know about it was taught to them by teachers in school. Just that could be a good or bad thing. People in NY and NJ felt it in a different way. We lost friends, relatives, neighbors, loved ones.
I have strong feelings about all of this but like I said before theyre never going to be posted on this forum.
Couldn’t agree more.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Aside from the obvious heartbreak and tragedy, let's not forget what happened right after. Thousands of young Americans like my son-in-law ran straight to the recruiting stations and signed up. They wanted to be part of the payback. Two tours in Iraq and a failed marriage later, he and many like him are still suffering today. The suicide rate among veterans is off the charts. 20 years later and finally, finally, I pray we can close the book on our involvement in that God-forsaken part of the planet. The idea that we "can't be gotten to" has been forever shattered. At the very minimum, thanks to that attack, we will be on our guard from now on.

Reactions: 5 users

CM1SCW

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2020
Lenoir City,TN
That day will always be in my mind. I was working at a DOE facility in Tennessee, Coworker called said a plane hit and then we got locked down. Entire site. They eventually released us and none essential personnel was orderly evacuated. When we returned security was heightened. And is still. I was in the Navy reserve Seabee unit and they eventually deployed to Iraq in 2005. I unfortunately was disqualified to leave the U.S. for medical reasons but remained in the reserves until 2009 when I retired from the reserves. I am proud of all that serve and respect all branches and the first responders. God Bless and thank you

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Aside from the obvious heartbreak and tragedy, let's not forget what happened right after. Thousands of young Americans like my son-in-law ran straight to the recruiting stations and signed up. They wanted to be part of the payback. Two tours in Iraq and a failed marriage later, he and many like him are still suffering today. The suicide rate among veterans is off the charts. 20 years later and finally, finally, I pray we can close the book on our involvement in that God-forsaken part of the planet. The idea that we "can't be gotten to" has been forever shattered. At the very minimum, thanks to that attack, we will be on our guard from now on.

I walked into recruiting right after my University graduation in 2004, and was enrolled as a Private in January 2005. I was wasn't motivated by anger or rage or seeking revenge for the events - but, I was called there and stayed for a inexplicable reason.

Unfortunately, I missed my opportunity to deploy in 2007 (because reasons, and maybe I got off lucky?). However, shortly thereafter, I would lead and train many soldiers who would go and not return the same people they left as, provided direct support to readiness and rotations of CAF members heading out the door, and would land in Ottawa in 2010 to find a means to preserving the capabilities we brought home. Natasha was the assisting Officer to many troubled soldiers who had difficulty readjusting post-tour. It takes a village.

*The scars remind us.*

Reactions: 7 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
That day will always be in my mind. I was working at a DOE facility in Tennessee, Coworker called said a plane hit and then we got locked down. Entire site. They eventually released us and none essential personnel was orderly evacuated. When we returned security was heightened. And is still. I was in the Navy reserve Seabee unit and they eventually deployed to Iraq in 2005. I unfortunately was disqualified to leave the U.S. for medical reasons but remained in the reserves until 2009 when I retired from the reserves. I am proud of all that serve and respect all branches and the first responders. God Bless and thank you
Gotta ask ! ORNL ?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
No the other one. I retired from there April2020.
Didnt know there was another site in TN besides ORNL. I worked at BNL for just shy of 33 years. Left due to an injury in 2008. It was a great place to work back in the day. Lots of cancer cases popping up though.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor