9" for street only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
Well I have money to buy a 9" Ford rear axle for 2,890 with calipers disk breaks willwood whole 9 yards now my problem is do I really need it ? I won't put slicks ever but I will race in the street I don't plan on changing the gears once its on there soo should I buy 9" or buy a new rear axle but with disk brakes and higher gears. right now it has v6 rear 7.5 and I got cash to buy either new any input would be appreciated I have a 383 stroker comp cam lifters timing chain rods and rocker arms. Followed with e. Street aluminum heads and 350 turbo with aluminum driveshaft hooker headers.

rwolf15241

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
Go for it, I'm going to order mine. I have a 1LE Brake kit I might be selling!! new rotors, new brackets, used calipers, bolts on GM Ends

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
pontiacgp said:
if you are going to race please take it to the track... :roll:
i will but by street raceing is stop light to stop light when its midnight where i live theres almost noone probably like 1 car to 2 but i would like more input on my question please

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
I have a 9" in mine. I recommend going that route, along with the disk brakes.

My car is lowered a little, no one even notices that I have a 9". I have quiet exhaust for a true sleeper.....

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Im running a 9" and my car sees plenty of street action.

Its not so much the rear as its the set up.

Is the 9" over kill for the street? but IMO its a better value. if you find a 8.5 to upgrade the rear your going to dump a good $1000 into and pay about the same. for $2000 you can get a 9 inch which is more desireable when you sell it and your spending the same as a 8.5.

what I mean about the set up is running a spool which isnt fun on the street, I dont care one bit. thats the only different factor with the rear.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
MrRabbit24 said:
pontiacgp said:
i will but by street raceing is stop light to stop light when its midnight where i live theres almost noone probably like 1 car to 2

I guess you never had someone close to you die in a car accident..... :wtf:

Accidents are just that accidents..... Well I just didn't realize that one car was gonna pull out in front of me.. Ooops accident!

I lost my mom Feb 19, 1976 when I was 3 due to "DRIVER ERROR" = Not following the law.

You wanna risk your life, fine. But keep it off the streets!

<Mike>

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
Bitchin'-Buick said:
MrRabbit24 said:
pontiacgp said:
i will but by street raceing is stop light to stop light when its midnight where i live theres almost noone probably like 1 car to 2

I guess you never had someone close to you die in a car accident..... :wtf:

Accidents are just that accidents..... Well I just didn't realize that one car was gonna pull out in front of me.. Ooops accident!

I lost my mom Feb 19, 1976 when I was 3 due to "DRIVER ERROR" = Not following the law.

You wanna risk your life, fine. But keep it off the streets!

<Mike>

First off I think I understood the first guy not trying to be rude but I understand yea street raceing is illegal but were I live its population is like 10 ,there is stop lights location is Picher,Oklahoma its dead that's why I said at night noone is out unless there's a meet, doont believe me? look it up and FYI yes I lost 2 cousins for morons driving I can give you the names and you could look them up the car got split in half and both died I share your pain I am sorry for your loss but I really would like input on my car instead of street raceing advice. If I drive like a idiot I don't think I would risk someone's life for my joy ride. So please input only thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor