98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Re: 89~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

Longroof79 said:
mkube396 said:
All i can say is it helped me i can feal the difrince. the pads are bigger to and the duel postons combined have more serfice to push then the single.
besides the larger two piston calipers...the brake pads are significantly larger. I've heard that the braking power is quite noticeable. I could imagine, between doing the front Blazer swap and adding the later F-body rear disc set up what the braking capability would be like.

I have the blazer fronts and ls1 rears on my monte and it stops as well as my wifes 2003 Impala with the big 4 wheel disk brakes

bluemonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2010
ontario, canada
have been looking for a check list of all the parts for this upgrade on my 79 monte, thanks for the detail breakdown.
1) when you bought the calipers did the kit include all new hardware
2) where did you purchase the parts from
3) what rims are you driving with, I need to know if I can clear 15 x 3.5 skinnies
Thanks

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
bluemonte said:
have been looking for a check list of all the parts for this upgrade on my 79 monte, thanks for the detail breakdown.
1) when you bought the calipers did the kit include all new hardware
2) where did you purchase the parts from
3) what rims are you driving with, I need to know if I can clear 15 x 3.5 skinnies
Thanks

1 yes i got them new at AutoZone they came with pins and hard ware the caliper bracket i got at summit for $11 each side the old ones where no good where the calipers would ride.
2) I got the parts at AutoZone and summit.
3) I am using 92 GTA rims stock blazers are 14" so I am sure your 15s will fit.

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
Nice write up. I did this upgrade on my wagon last summer..and it makes a big difference...I stop quicker when some jerk cuts me off in traffic, it helps slow you down a lot better at the end of the track..it give me more confidence knowing that I can stop a whole lot easier..This is deffiantly an upgrade that I think everyone should do, especially if your pushing more HP and TQ than stock.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
Another vote for the Blazer brakes.
Here is my installation using the hoses and brackets from the donor vehicle. Some re-bending of the hard lines was required.
DSC_0005.jpg

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Nice upgrade for sure I think I will be doing this some time this year. I know I can get everything minus the rotors for less then a hundred. I will get the rotors new and pads of course. Now does the master cylinder have any probs with the two piston caliper vs the single?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor