Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
no i don't mind

grand86prix_05

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2009
Chillicothe, OH
Just got all my stuff from the junk yard, ended up spending 85 for everything minus pads and rotors. The down side is its a yard where they pull everything, and the guy forgot the bracket bolts. Just wondering will the original bracket bolts work?

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
grand86prix_05 said:
Just got all my stuff from the junk yard, ended up spending 85 for everything minus pads and rotors. The down side is its a yard where they pull everything, and the guy forgot the bracket bolts. Just wondering will the original bracket bolts work?

The caliper pins are different you can get a set at the auto parts store

the bolts that holed the bracket are 14mm x2.0 thread 44mm long

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
Heads up, for convenience Advance Auto sells the calipers WITH BRACKETS... not that im dogging AZ's junk.. but AAP sells them semiloaded, everything in the box sans pads.... buy them online and usually you can receive a discount

Reactions: 1 user

grand86prix_05

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2009
Chillicothe, OH
mkube396 said:
grand86prix_05 said:

the bolts that holed the bracket are 12mmx1.75 thread

cool that helps to know the thread, any idea if the gbody bracket bolts fit?

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
fast question ..by doing this swap does it change your wheel base width from stock width ? has anyone checked this at all ?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
grand86prix_05 said:
mkube396 said:
grand86prix_05 said:

the bolts that holed the bracket are 12mmx1.75 thread

cool that helps to know the thread, any idea if the gbody bracket bolts fit?

The original g body calipers do not use a bracket, so that would be no.

grand86prix_05

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2009
Chillicothe, OH
I had a feeling you would tell me something like that, I have yet to do the brakes on the car before so had no idea. Ahh well, time to locate some grade 8's I guess, just prefer the original hardened steel

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
nycutlass said:
fast question ..by doing this swap does it change your wheel base width from stock width ? has anyone checked this at all ?

nope every thing is the same.. but you do need to have your alignment done

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor