98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
The master cylinder only controls the rear drums any way so it works fine with the new setup...

For me because i get a discount at work the whole swop was just under $200

Grandprixpaul said:
Parts list? And any major mod such as cutting or gringing needed or is this just swaping parts ? Thanks

was listed in the first post.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
mkube396 said:
The master cylinder only controls the rear drums any way so it works fine with the new setup...

:!: :?:

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
jrm81bu said:
mkube396 said:

:!: :?:

lol i was thinking of the prop Valve :rofl:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
are there 2"drop ones made for blazers? cuz if there are you can have the bigger brakes and a lower ride height.

grand86prix_05

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2009
Chillicothe, OH
Really love this info, was exactly what I was looking for for mine and goes hand in hand with installing my front eibach springs. Did this swap maintain stock ride height in the front and everything? I'm getting the gear together for it this weekend, I can't wait to get it done

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
grand86prix_05 said:
Really love this info, was exactly what I was looking for for mine and goes hand in hand with installing my front eibach springs. Did this swap maintain stock ride height in the front and everything? I'm getting the gear together for it this weekend, I can't wait to get it done

Yes this swap maintains your current ride height

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
beermonkey9417 said:
are there 2"drop ones made for blazers? cuz if there are you can have the bigger brakes and a lower ride height.

Yep, Belltech makes some but they aren't cheap.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
jrm81bu said:
beermonkey9417 said:

Yep, Belltech makes some but they aren't cheap.
damn... :x

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
cool write up, i have this setup for sale... do you mind if i "borrow" you link and post it in my thread, so people can see that it works well... I am going much bigger brakes, so I dont have a good example of how this works out...

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor