98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
That's good to hear since I have all my blazer brake parts on install standby.
You can use the gbody lines with the blazer calipers. Just make sure the bend in the banjo is positioned so it doesn't hit the frame on full lock.

Take into consideration that it will look like lines clear when the car is jacked up.

If you do c5/6 do not use the gbody lines I didn't check for clearance and broke the line. Use a straight banjo with c5 calipers. I used stock c5 lines and made the banjo side straight.

If you use c5/6 or blazer lines you can get the metric to inverted flare adapter for the lines. This is what I did for my c5 lines and work like they should.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
You can use the gbody lines with the blazer calipers. Just make sure the bend in the banjo is positioned so it doesn't hit the frame on full lock.

Take into consideration that it will look like lines clear when the car is jacked up.

If you do c5/6 do not use the gbody lines I didn't check for clearance and broke the line. Use a straight banjo with c5 calipers. I used stock c5 lines and made the banjo side straight.

If you use c5/6 or blazer lines you can get the metric to inverted flare adapter for the lines. This is what I did for my c5 lines and work like they should.

I will unlikely switch to C5 stuff. Actually, all my brake stuff on the car is new, just couldn't resist doing the upgrade to the Blazer stuff. I have new stainless braided brake lines already on the car, I will remember to orient them properly when the time comes.

Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
None that I've experienced... just improved braking. I have heard of the 12" B-body spindle setup having bumpsteer issues.

B-body spindles will have noticeable bumpsteer, but add tall lower ball joints and a Howe adjustable centerlink and there will be less bumpsteer than a factory G-body. The car will track straight as an arrow on the bumpiest road and the bumpsteer won't be noticeable anymore.

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Got my blazer brakes / callipers installed . With car jacket up and wheel on at full lock my 15" tires hit the Blazer brake line bracket. WTF?
Wondering with the weight of the car on the wheel if this will still be an issue at full steering lock? I have 16" wheels that I run when it's back out on the road.
If so, what have you guys done to remedy this situation?

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Got my blazer brakes / callipers installed . With car jacket up and wheel on at full lock my 15" tires hit the Blazer brake line bracket. WTF?
Wondering with the weight of the car on the wheel if this will still be an issue at full steering lock? I have 16" wheels that I run when it's back out on the road.
If so, what have you guys done to remedy this situation?
I used the original bracket with the gbody lines no issues. Just make sure you orientate the gbody lines so they don't hit the frame when is lowered.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
I used the original bracket with the gbody lines no issues. Just make sure you orientate the gbody lines so they don't hit the frame when is lowered.

Thanks for the "heads up", any chance of posting a picture of the brake lines with G body bracket please?
Curious to see how the brake lines are bent so the don't interfere.

thx

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Did you replace the studs on the hubs with longer ones to fit the spacers? What kind did you use?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor