98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

Mikevar82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2014
Hey guys. Has anyone had a problem getting the air out of the brakes on this set up? I have bleed the crap out of this but still get the pedal drop once and a while.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What procedure are you using to bleed the brakes? Invest in a set of speed bleeders. I find that they work pretty well.,,between that and a Mity-vac....or you can use the old fashioned method of having a buddy pump the pedal while you crack open the bleeder.

Pressure bleeding is another great method. That's of course if you have access to a decent pressure pump. There a few out there that look like garden sprayers. They are supposed to work pretty well.

Reactions: 1 user

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
That is not how any of this works :)

Tall upper will compliment the tall lowers. Tall lowers will lower the car and improve the tie rod location in relation to the control arms to reduce bump steer and improve the camber curve of the wheel (less negative camber when wheel goes down/more negative camber when wheel goes up). as the car leans to the outside in a turn, the outside wheel has more negative camber... what you want.

Tall upper doesn't effect ride height, has a much smaller effect on bump steer, but DOES improve the camber curve.

Tall upper and tall lower together will noticeably improve handling and if you're car can wheely, will keep the wheels nice and vertical when the car pops a wheely (instead going all full negative camber at full droop - which is NOT good for handling).

If you have 8" wide wheels that are 16" diameter or less, tall uppers can put the wheel close to the control arms are full lock, so that is a potential drawback in some applications. 7" wheels or narrower or 8" bigger than 17" shouldn't be a issue with G-body backspacing.
How well will the tall upper and lower ball joints fit with a 15x7 rally wheel with 3 3/4 backspacing?

Mikevar82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2014
What procedure are you using to bleed the brakes? Invest in a set of speed bleeders. I find that they work pretty well.,,between that and a Mity-vac....or you can use the old fashioned method of having a buddy pump the pedal while you crack open the bleeder.

Pressure bleeding is another great method. That's of course if you have access to a decent pressure pump. There a few out there that look like garden sprayers. They are supposed to work pretty well.

I did it the old fashion way. I going to try the speed bleeders. Every time I pump is see the fluid bubble up in the reservoir.

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
Hey guys. Has anyone had a problem getting the air out of the brakes on this set up? I have bleed the crap out of this but still get the pedal drop once and a while.

Start from passenger rear then driver rear then passenger front , then driver front

I use a bleeder that runs with a compressor, ( ensure you don’t let the master cylinder run dry)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
I did mine the old school way pump 4 times and hold no issues at all

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Chris Chow

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 16, 2017
Nor Cal
swear my car sits a shade higher than stock now with tall upper and lowers, so im gonna say you might be wrong.

If installed correctly, the taller ball joints will lower the front of the car. You can see in this video clip of my turbo Buick.
The resultant characteristic is similar to BMW front end geometry when turning the wheel, lock to lock.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
With the Blazer spindle swap, are there any issues like the with the old B spindle swap increasing bumpsteer?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
With the Blazer spindle swap, are there any issues like the with the old B spindle swap increasing bumpsteer?
None that I've experienced... just improved braking. I have heard of the 12" B-body spindle setup having bumpsteer issues.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor