98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Soon the 2WD 98-02 Blazer will go from endangered to extinct.

Not in Texas. Most Blazers that show up in the lots down here are 2WD and since we don't have much rust, they will be showing up for many years. we still get Gen 1 'Lil Blazers showing up at the lots.

Reactions: 1 user

GPNX

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2016
I did this brake and spindle upgrade also. Front tires don’t spin freely when jacked up any ideas on what it could be.

GPNX

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2016
Are they hitting the upper control arm or the outer tie rod? Are they 8" rims?
No they aren’t hitting the control arms when car jacked up. It’s either the brakes or the hubs. I left the hubs on from the junkyard. Rotors are new pads are new caliper is new on passenger side. It does it on both sides. When I spin wheel it will go around about 1 time.

Geezy24

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2017
No they aren’t hitting the control arms when car jacked up. It’s either the brakes or the hubs. I left the hubs on from the junkyard. Rotors are new pads are new caliper is new on passenger side. It does it on both sides. When I spin wheel it will go around about 1 time.

What calipers are you using? Because for the z06 calipers you have shims that come with the Kore3 bracket that have to go between the hub and spindle to create spacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPNX

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2016
What calipers are you using? Because for the z06 calipers you have shims that come with the Kore3 bracket that have to go between the hub and spindle to create spacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Calipers from the 2001 s10 blazer

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

If nothing is rubbing, drive it, bed the pad in they check again. If you hear chirping when driving look for metal to metal contact, from the caliper bracket, the shim clips, the dust shields, etc. The pads can have high spots that will go away when they are bedded in. Check them again after 25 miles.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor