A-arm upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
pontiacgp said:
change the grease fittings to a 90* one and grease them often like every couple of weeks and they should last. Without maintaining them to much you'll get a season out of them. We use them on our circle track car ans they can take a beating. I use them on my GP as well and when I went to the tall spindle I just cut my upper back an inch and welded them

If you guys are doing well with them through a season of racing, I'm sure a weekend driver...which won't see much stress should be fine. I notice that there's no bracing up top for bump stops like the other popular makes. Any need for concern there?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
on our race car we have has the same set for the last 2 years even with the beating they take. We had a ball joint bend without the upper being affected. I drive my car daily so on a weekend cruiser you should have no worries. There is no stop on it cause it's made for a race car and not a street car but I have never had any issues with it. Just about every race car that can run tubulars has the UB machine uppers on it...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you can find some products used on race cars that seem to be inexpensive cause circle track race teams are inherently cheap. If you want a good set of shocks for a G body take a look at Afco shocks that you can get for about $60 a piece at a circle track race car retail store. They are actually race shocks but with the rules of most tracks they have to be mounted in stock position so they fit our cars. IMO they beat out all the other "performance" shocks and are not self adjusting so you know how the shock will respond. I run the afco's with the #7 valve up front the the #5 valve in the rear

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor