A-arm upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I can't recall if I covered this before because I suffer from CRS (Can't remember $hit).

I'm looking at two different options since I'm getting ready to break down the front suspension.

Option 1 is to remove upper & lowers. Clean, bead blast, KBS coat and go with Energy Susp bushings & new hardware, etc.

Option 2 is to roll the dice with these ebay uppers, and refurbish the lowers as planned.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G-body-S ... _608wt_950

I'm looking at cost vs benefit vs longevity here. Input is appreciated! The appeal of the ones from the ebay link is weight savings, space savings. cost and whether that style of bushing is any good.

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
i just did the first option. kindof built my car for the 1/4 mile but will mostlikely just see the street on weekends. didnt feel the need to spend a lot of money on handeling. just put new inner outer tie rods drag link new ball joints end links and of corse new energy suspention bushings all around

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
that ebay link is a definate rip-off. those look like the UB-Machine control arms and they are only like $55 each side. Alot of monte carlo guys have been using them with great success

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
78MC-BBC said:
that ebay link is a definate rip-off. those look like the UB-Machine control arms and they are only like $55 each side. Alot of monte carlo guys have been using them with great success

Thanks for letting that be known, I had never heard of UB machine.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
It's probably going to come down to calling them. There's a ton of info out there for big brake upgrades with b-body spindles. I want to use the drop spindles that I have though.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if your using a tall spindle this is the UB machine part number for the upper 15-0709-5R...they don't make the left side so that's a special order but you can get two of the right side and flip it over for the left.

if you not using a tall spindle then the part number is 15-0809-5R and 15-0809-5L

and G_Body_Vet, it's no use calling UB machine. The don't like selling to the general public cause on race cars they don't have to worry about any warranty or other issues regarding parts failure lawsuits.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
pontiacgp said:
if your using a tall spindle this is the UB machine part number for the upper 15-0709-5R...they don't make the left side so that's a special order but you can get two of the right side and flip it over for the left.

if you not using a tall spindle then the part number is 15-0809-5R and 15-0809-5L

Thanks. What's your opinion on these for regular street use? I'm curious as to how those bearings take abuse. Don't get me wrong, at $55 a piece it would be less trouble to just get new arms if the bearings go bad over time.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
change the grease fittings to a 90* one and grease them often like every couple of weeks and they should last. Without maintaining them to much you'll get a season out of them. We use them on our circle track car ans they can take a beating. I use them on my GP as well and when I went to the tall spindle I just cut my upper back an inch and welded them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor