A/C part question?

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Hi. Can anyone tell me what this is behind the overflow tank on the cutlass. I’m continuing to put together my car, but when it was disassembled a few years ago that part got lost. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_9454.jpeg
    IMG_9454.jpeg
    453.2 KB · Views: 85

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hi. Can anyone tell me what this is behind the overflow tank on the cutlass. I’m continuing to put together my car, but when it was disassembled a few years ago that part got lost. Thank you
Looks like a MAP sensor.

jcelk

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2014
yes a map sensor you need it if still using the computer controlled carb system or throttle body injection

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Manifold Differential Pressure sensor for Olds V8 cars with CCC.

It's usually mistaken for a MAP sensor, but it works differently. Cannot mix and match those. Although it appears you won't need it if you're putting in an LS. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor