a certain someones blueprint was used.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Side Marker, aka Running Light or side light. They are those goofy looking amber and red "here I am" lights that are typically found on the front fenders and quarter panels of contemporary vehicles with the purpose of indicating to cars approaching at right angles to each other, like at an intersection, that there is another vehicle at the light or stop, even if the moron driving the one vehicle can't or doesn't see the headlights. The front ones can also be turn indicators meaning they flash at the same time the actual turn signals do. Throw a high zot led in them and then get it to strobe at exactly the right frequency and someone can have an epileptic fit.

Nick

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Side Marker, aka Running Light or side light. They are those goofy looking amber and red "here I am" lights that are typically found on the front fenders and quarter panels of contemporary vehicles with the purpose of indicating to cars approaching at right angles to each other, like at an intersection, that there is another vehicle at the light or stop, even if the moron driving the one vehicle can't or doesn't see the headlights. The front ones can also be turn indicators meaning they flash at the same time the actual turn signals do. Throw a high zot led in them and then get it to strobe at exactly the right frequency and someone can have an epileptic fit.

Nick
Federally mandated from 1967 on up.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
The frontend looks like it started out as one of those offbrand flexible fiberglass parts that doesn't quite look like the original vehicle. I extended my hood as the top portion of the new nose so not to have such an extended filled in look when I first did the 2010 nose. I also made the fake air intake functional. When I did the 2016 nose, I modified the factory fenders further to have the camaro's nose to fender line. Once again, to not have an add on look or a ridiculously long nose.
I did my ls/t-56 conversion in 2002, my 2010 nose in summer 2009, & my 2016 nose in summer 2016, so I definitely started first.
No one mentioned his quarter window delete, It's actually the first other than mine I've seen. I'm not into older caddy tail lights being use, but it is the nicest frenching into any elky job I've ever seen. It is nice, but if I had their time & $ , mine would be nicer.

I do promise this............. My project haunts this one in it's dreams. Not sure who built this, but my friends know who I am.
20191218_180655.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I enjoy seeing any custom build where I can pick & choose what Items done or not done I might do or suggest to others.
Years ago I thought of a red graphic line similar to this one. I think it looks pretty good.
The quarter window delete & window trim delete look good. Course I already did that on the pass side I started everything on..
Door sills look really good from pic, for factory. I handmade polished stainless.
Dash is ok, but for a show car I think it looks like a very plain low level job in the fabrication side of things leaving the stock stick out gauge cluster.

Rear looks cool, but I think caddy lights just look outdated now. I also think while the molded in rear look is smooth & cool looking for a showcar, it ruins the appeal of a functional el camino. Even with doing a 2016 z-06 rear on mine, it still will be a functional tailgate. My future plans are for my own never seen before design of mechanism to lift the bedcover in an almost straight up motion 40 plus inches AND be strong enough to ride down the highway with it up. This will allow me to carry my little dirt bike turned chopper drift trike under the cover. This will be another never seen setup, I think.

This vehicle is unlike mine ----- completed, probably due to years of various people doing the work. ALOT of the sort of things I'm doing haven't been done here, which aided in actually completing the thing. I couldn't be more embarrased at times about how unfinished mine is, but so what. I drive it as is for the people that enjoy it, despite all the cruel criticism it can get online. it generates enough smiles as is to make up for all that.

Reactions: 5 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I enjoy seeing any custom build where I can pick & choose what Items done or not done I might do or suggest to others.
Years ago I thought of a red graphic line similar to this one. I think it looks pretty good.
The quarter window delete & window trim delete look good. Course I already did that on the pass side I started everything on..
Door sills look really good from pic, for factory. I handmade polished stainless.
Dash is ok, but for a show car I think it looks like a very plain low level job in the fabrication side of things leaving the stock stick out gauge cluster.

Rear looks cool, but I think caddy lights just look outdated now. I also think while the molded in rear look is smooth & cool looking for a showcar, it ruins the appeal of a functional el camino. Even with doing a 2016 z-06 rear on mine, it still will be a functional tailgate. My future plans are for my own never seen before design of mechanism to lift the bedcover in an almost straight up motion 40 plus inches AND be strong enough to ride down the highway with it up. This will allow me to carry my little dirt bike turned chopper drift trike under the cover. This will be another never seen setup, I think.

This vehicle is unlike mine ----- completed, probably due to years of various people doing the work. ALOT of the sort of things I'm doing haven't been done here, which aided in actually completing the thing. I couldn't be more embarrased at times about how unfinished mine is, but so what. I drive it as is for the people that enjoy it, despite all the cruel criticism it can get online. it generates enough smiles as is to make up for all that.
While the things you do to your car may not appeal to others, It's not their car. It's YOURS. And isn't this what this hobby (addiction) is all about? Making your car yours? I go to car shows and look at everything there. New stuff; Old stuff; foreign and domestic. All of it. While some of the vehicles I see there aren't something I would want or do to mine, I do appreciate what they have done to make it theirs. Keep it up!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
While the things you do to your car may not appeal to others, It's not their car. It's YOURS. And isn't this what this hobby (addiction) is all about? Making your car yours? I go to car shows and look at everything there. New stuff; Old stuff; foreign and domestic. All of it. While some of the vehicles I see there aren't something I would want or do to mine, I do appreciate what they have done to make it theirs. Keep it up!
Yeah I am the same way, most of my buddies tend to stick to something specific they like. I appreciate it all even though there is a lot that I would say I am not a fan of. I think we need a Joey Swoll movement in the car hobby as a whole

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor