A G body nobody knows about 1999 Buick Riviera

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Except if we wait a month or two he's probably going to make almost the same post. Again.
And he hasn't been on since the original posting.
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
In my case it's because I love seen for years ads all over the internet full of misinformation posted by the same guy in the context of sale ads that appear to me to be based I. Either scam or fraud.

Cites to made up numbers with zero basis in reality.

I'm short, everything that's wrong in the automotive hobby or the old time used car dealer stereotype wrapped up in one place because the lies/misinformation continued no matter how many times he's been called out and corrected.

Always the same cars, same story, same location.... same guy.

Except if we wait a month or two he's probably going to make almost the same post. Again.
I understand completely on points you touched on. One of my BIG pet peeves is going to a show and seeing those fancy Plexiglass boards leaned up on a front bumper with all the cars information stating its 1 of ??, and being a Buick enthusiast and collector, I have books with factory production figures, and when I see some fathomed up production # its instant insanity.

Lots of times these individuals don't know or can explain how that number came about that they have posted up, makes you smile, shake your head and walk away. I'm sure every person at one point in any given time has been curious of how many of their pride and joy were produced, and some find out and are happy about it in just knowing. On the other hand, I believe some are not happy, want it to be rarer than it is, SO they start picking apart in their minds, well if 5,000 were produced, and there were 5 color options for this car, then mine is one of a thousand, and mine has red interior, one of 5 color options, so now we're down to 200 made like this and so on and so on, until they are down to one of 3 ever produced in their minds and plaster it all over their plexiglass board:blam: Crap like this ruins it for the rest of us who are actually going by factual manufacturer documentation, THATS IT

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I understand completely on points you touched on. One of my BIG pet peeves is going to a show and seeing those fancy Plexiglass boards leaned up on a front bumper with all the cars information stating its 1 of ??, and being a Buick enthusiast and collector, I have books with factory production figures, and when I see some fathomed up production # its instant insanity.

Lots of times these individuals don't know or can explain how that number came about that they have posted up, makes you smile, shake your head and walk away. I'm sure every person at one point in any given time has been curious of how many of their pride and joy were produced, and some find out and are happy about it in just knowing. On the other hand, I believe some are not happy, want it to be rarer than it is, SO they start picking apart in their minds, well if 5,000 were produced, and there were 5 color options for this car, then mine is one of a thousand, and mine has red interior, one of 5 color options, so now we're down to 200 made like this and so on and so on, until they are down to one of 3 ever produced in their minds and plaster it all over their plexiglass board:blam: Crap like this ruins it for the rest of us who are actually going by factual manufacturer documentation, THATS IT
I know exactly what you're talking about. If there are factory documents to be able to back up the claim, even if it's incorrect from the factory (you don't think QC problems existed just in the cars themselves, did you?), you can at least cite that as factory documentation and be "correct". While it may sound cool to say 1 of ?? while sitting on a bar stool shooting the breeze with your buddies, deep down, nobody really GAF. The fact of the matter is you have 1 of 1 right in front of you, so enjoy it as is. Legally, you should have no other car with your unique serial number.

Mine could be one of 2 gazillion or one of 2 made, I still don't think about it much.

It's fun stuff to know, but the value isn't added just because they made a handful of anything.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
The only "1" that I give a sh@t about is 1 of 547. :ROFLMAO:

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you appreciate that your car is 1 of _____, or don’t care if it is or isn’t rare then damnit good for you and be freakin’ happy. IMO, being happy is the most important part of this hobby/group/life.

But I agree fully with @blk7gnx, I hate when some asshat distorts the facts for anyone’s benefit. Especially for the unsuspecting prospective car buyer, or kid that regurgitates the BS.

An unfortunate part of the car hobby I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor