A G body nobody knows about 1999 Buick Riviera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
What if we mount a bar on the engine and sprocket on the accessory pulley so it has a chainsaw chain/bar coming out the grille?

Advantage of the transverse mount is that it comes out the grille instead of the fender....

Put a 12 valve in it and we'll talk.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Put a 12 valve in it and we'll talk.
Sure, rip the engine our of your dodge and we can lay it in the trunk. I guess that's one way to make it faster and leak less :LOL:. These are fwd though so the ballast won't help.

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I sit here in wonder. This gentlemen is proud of his car, aren't we all. Its a GM and has founding roots with its G body parents who commonly used the 3.8 Buick V6, now revamped into the 3800 ect ect ect. The same people bashing this guy are all for an individual on here posting up about his dodge every week, the same people loving the Mcrat blog. What the he** does either the dodge or a Mcrat have to do with a Gbody too? Just saying, cut this guys some slack, he may just purchase a G body one day,. and how everyone is treating him, I don't know if I would stay joined to a group like this where the hypocrisy is knee deep.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
GM has been reusing body designations for decades. Heck even our beloved 78-88 G cars weren't the first G body's. Anyone recall that the Grand Prix and Monte Carlo from 69 to at least 72 were actually classified as a G body?

Nov 4, 2012
I sit here in wonder. This gentlemen is proud of his car, aren't we all. Its a GM and has founding roots with its G body parents who commonly used the 3.8 Buick V6, now revamped into the 3800 ect ect ect. The same people bashing this guy are all for an individual on here posting up about his dodge every week, the same people loving the Mcrat blog. What the he** does either the dodge or a Mcrat have to do with a Gbody too? Just saying, cut this guys some slack, he may just purchase a G body one day,. and how everyone is treating him, I don't know if I would stay joined to a group like this where the hypocrisy is knee deep.

Yeah but unlike OP no one ever claimed the McRib was rare or the Dodge was a secret G Body that no one knows about.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Mock it all you want. Besides an intercooled Grand National. That Riv was faster than any stock G body.

And this still doesn't make it a g-body as we know it. I guess making the point that GM used the G platform letter for these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_G_platform_(1995) in a weird offputting way?

My 2002 Regal GS was faster than any g-body except an intercooled GN too and while it was a nice car for what it was, doesn't add any relevance to this forum or pretend it's the same platform. And those are front wheel drive, which sucks.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Anyone recall that the Grand Prix and Monte Carlo from 69 to at least 72 were actually classified as a G body?
'69 Grand Prix's was an A but used G as a sub classification due to the longer wheel base. GM did keep them listed a G in almost all catalogs & manuals from '69 to '81. Monte Carlo's never used G until '82 as the rest of the A's did. Because of the Grand Prix using G might be the reason for the entire line being changed to G.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
In my case it's because I love seen for years ads all over the internet full of misinformation posted by the same guy in the context of sale ads that appear to me to be based I. Either scam or fraud.

Cites to made up numbers with zero basis in reality.

I'm short, everything that's wrong in the automotive hobby or the old time used car dealer stereotype wrapped up in one place because the lies/misinformation continued no matter how many times he's been called out and corrected.

Always the same cars, same story, same location.... same guy.
Except if we wait a month or two he's probably going to make almost the same post. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor