A little direction on price would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The dual snorkel air cleaner is the most valuable part. The pulley set up, if on there is better than the Vin Y cars. The carb would be next in value.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Pretty sad when an air cleaner is worth as much as a whole engine!
No. I meant WITH the air cleaner and everything it would be 600-650 starting price. The air cleaner alone is an easy 150 or so if in excellent shape. 500 starting without the air cleaner. The ECM Prom, carb, cam, and air cleaner is the only thing that really made a difference on the 84 HO engine over the standard LV2. It’s still an LV2 but a little different. If it’s a mid-January or later car, it has the dual belts on the power steering pump. That’s a better setup IMO.

Reactions: 3 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
When I went for my off-frame, the engine that came out only had 72K on it, my neighbor's kid has a Malibu that smoked alot!. Gave it to him for free just to get it outta my garage. Find a teenager that needs/wants it and give it to him, smiles are priceless. I still remember that kid's smile as he and his friend put it on a wagon and dragged it across the the street. I also had to lend him, engine lift and some tools to do the change over. We moved shortly thereafter, so I don't know how many more miles he got out of it.

Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would probably pull the valuable parts off it and sell the engine cheap, not being able to hear it run that and it has been sitting for years is a big deterrent for most people, especially for an engine that has very little value to begin with.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I remember in the old days, we would trade parts or just give away that were laying around after upgrades with speed parts. Boy I wish I still had those "Winters" snowflaked intake manifolds we took off to be replaced by a "Tarantula" If you know what I'm talking about I can guess your age is the same as mine.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Make sure if you try to sell it to include a picture of it beside a shredded tarp, with no air cleaner in sight, and lots of trash/dead leaves all around it. That seems to be a big selling tool around here...along with "ran good when we pulled it out"

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor