A parts wish list thread for the aftermarket to repop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
78-80 Cutlass quarter window seals that go between the glass and mouldings. Absolutely unobtainium and the steel core in them always corrodes out badly.

Also as noted, solid panel AstroRoof weatherstripping with the proper durometer. The repro’d stuff is for glass panels, is too firm, and doesn’t compress properly on the solid panel cars.

Reactions: 1 user

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
Cutlass taillight bezels (both styles)
Cutlass reverse lamp assemblies (again there are three styles, but I’d take all clear)
Wide upper reveal mouldings (without rubber is fine)

And plus 100 on the Cutlass quarter Windows and rubber seals! That chrome always gets dull after a while.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Actual '81,'83-'84 code 77 Dark Maple interior parts/fabrics

I found vinyl and fabrics in a color so close to the original un-faded vinyl for the coupe in my upholstery lady's sample books. They were probably not an exact match for grain/texture, but the color was good.

Now, if you're talking about presewn covers, yeah, nobody has them in a color even close

I wound up dying my repro package tray after I had the vinyl strip replaced when the seats were done

If I was ever to do it again, I'd change it all to black (which every interior should be, IMO). Thought I'd be money ahead sticking with the original color. I was wrong.

• Agree

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Plastic chrome trim piece at the rear of the hood for 78-80 Cutlass. Don't know if it would fit others or not??

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
81-87 GP front inner fender extensions
Buick/Olds wagon rear bumper fillers
4 door/wagon B pillar interior trim
Coupe door weatherstrip that fits worth a crap WITH the plastic support molded in
Regal center console lids
GP center console lids

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
78 Malibu taillights

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Fuel mixture control solenoids

Lean stop repair kits

Air management valves

Thermac vacuum motors

EVAP canister

Dual snorkel Thermac aircleaner.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
New M4ME Quadrajet carburetors.

Last edited:

sandsstorm13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2017
Summerville, South Carolina
The biggest problem right now is that most of the repops are done in China. Which means lazy people here in the States, say "Oh, let's make this gasket. We'll send the sample to China, they'll reverse engineer it because they're good at stealing stuff anyway, so we'll go with them cuz they're cheap." China dudes look at it and says, ok, we got this. Needs to be 7 - 3/8" long, but we'll make it 7- 1/2". Close enough. Send it. And they do. And now the market is flooded with wrong size sh*t that has to be modified to work.

That's been the case with a lot of Chinesium over the years, and some of these unscrupulous azz hats that keep sending business over there to make a quick buck obviously doesn't give a flip about whether it fits.

So...short story long....after the check clears, the vendors are stuck with a lot of substandard crap that they peddle anyway because they can't admit they suck at getting parts accurately repro'ed out of Chinesium.

Prove me wrong. Please.
Agreed! I'm having a similar issue with the lower door weatherstrips. The tops fit in perfectly, but the bottom ones don't match up to the top screw holes. Everything else looks fine and seats fine, but when I close the door I have extra resistance. Trying to figure out how to modify it so it will close properly without spending another $80-100 on a different manufacturer that might have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor