Ac/ heater box removal 83 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
So when I turn Ac on , air comes out top and bottom , glove compartment gets cold . I looked with a boroscope the foam seal around the blend doors is missing in some places. How hard a fix is this ? The whole heater box need to be removed ? wondering how long this will take

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Check vacuum lines to vacuum reservoir under hood first. Round plastic container. Purple hose going to dash rotary vacuum switch and a larger hose going to manifold vacuum port on engine

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
I did that . Tested vacuum in purple line it’s like 13@ an idle . Every thing works , max/norm / bi-level etc... but it always comes out the bottom also.

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
Yes , just not as strong as I would like . So I stuff rags in the bottom , and close off vents above glove box.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Sounds like a gasket leak or a door issue to me. I have same thing and plan on pulling dash soon

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
I pretty sure it’s the gaskets around the doors . Little black pieces of foam used to blow out vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor