adding 1.7 rockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlonz88442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2014
Will adding 1.7 rockers to an 1976 olds 445 help , hurt , or remain the same as to performance. ?

pmc03spike

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 12, 2014
Washington state
tlonz88442 said:
Will adding 1.7 rockers to an 1976 olds 445 help , hurt , or remain the same as to performance. ?

I don't think it would hurt your hp output, you may not feel it either. You may have to replace your springs and retainers especially if you have any sort of cam in it. By adding 1.7 rockers your changing the spring compression and adding duration/lift from your cam. I not sure on what the stock spring rating is on the big block. Its worth looking into I would think. And a roller rocker would be better.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Are you planning on the Scorpion bolt on rockers with 5/16" bolts? You will probably need new pushrods due the different geometry. I personally like the simplicity of Olds non adjustable rocker set up. I am going with adjustable rockers shortly, a necessary evil for more performance. 1.6 for now, came with the heads I bought. I plan on 1.72 rockers next year after I see how it runs as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor