Adjustable seat adaptors

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Does anyone make adaptors for our manual bucket seats? I need mine to go back further. Heck I would like to lower them. My hair practically touched the t-tops.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I made some adapters about 4 years ago for my 86' Regal power 60/40 seats to move the driver's seat back about 1.75" using 1/4" plate and welding in grade 8 bolts.
If you can find a power base it will give you more adjustability and you will be able to go lower and lean back a little to give you even more room.
Also it might be a good time to trim the mullet to gain some extra headroom. ;)

IMG_1806.jpg
IMG_1807.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
I made some adapters a 4 years ago for my 86' Regal power 60/40 seats to move the driver's seat back about 1.75" using 1/4" plate and welding in grade 8 bolts.
If you can find a power base it will give you more adjustability and you will be able to go lower and lean back a little to give you even more room.
Also it might be a good time to trim the mullet to gain some extra headroom. ;)

View attachment 146873 View attachment 146874
Damn that looks professional

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor