Advice Advice Advice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
So I have finally narrowed my car down to a definite color. Color is 08 Corvette Atomic Orange. The hood will be black with cowl induction. Trim and tailights will also be black. I need some advice on rims. I know I am going with some 18's or 20's in black. Should I:

Go with a completely black rim and paint the whole lip atomic orange
Completely black with just the outside lip orange
Black with the chrome lip.
Paint mirrors black or atomic orange

I need some advice on this because my car has the big chrome safety bumpers and I am not really sure how they would look if I painted them the same color as the car or black. I really dont want to paint them and dont like it. If I keep them chrome the I will probably go with the black and chrome wheels so it will match better.

Here are a few pics of cars with that color. I wish I had the 82 and up regal and I would have a problem painting chrome bumper the same color.

2351416616_6fda065e37_b.jpg

3505081860_66048f6290.jpg

tspc6.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3198116

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3208552

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I would go black with chrome ring for the wheels. Also a small chrome center cap and chrome lugs. That way if you keep your bumpers chrome they won't be the only chrome on your car. Maybe keep the chrome on the grill too (just an idea lol). You could also maybe paint the bumpers black, then avoid all the chrome. Body color might look good to.

And for the mirrors, I would go black.

SnoPro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2009
Elk River MN
Yeah, Wheel wise i would go black with the crome lip. Sometimes i think to much of one color over does it, love the orange btw :)

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
+2 on the chrome lip to match the bumpers..... that thing'll look great with that color combo! 8)

post some pics as soon as you get paint on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor