After market audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I ran my 4 gauge wire through the factory rubber grommet that originaly had the speedo cable running through it. Then like everyone else, I ran the wire through the plastic channel along the sill under the carpet and back into the trunk.

Biggest thing to remember is that you want your power wires on the opposite side of the car from the speaker/signal wires so that you don't introduce any interference as mentioned above.

tonchis97

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2010
you should be able to run it underneath the carpet im also running 4 guage wire and you cant even tell its their

tonchis97

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2010
im is running right were the steering wheel coumn exits the firewall and it doesnt rub anything

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
SHOOT :idea: the last time I had a big stereo system in a car was back in high school, 10 years ago. It was an '87 Regal, falling apart from a known cancer called RUST :lol: We installed two 12" Punch subwoofers and a 1200w Legacy amp (to my stock stereo unit) :rofl: We stripped an extension cord and used one of the wires from it to power the amp. We crimped a male spade terminal on one end and pushed it into a hot spot in the fuse block (with the key in the on position of course) that thing worked like a charm. This one McDonald's commercial would hit so hard :mrgreen:

:blam: don't try this at home :rofl:

Them were some fun days :p

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Ok ima try that n lol wat a sound system it sounded very dangerous

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
On the driver's side so yeah, just do what FE3X suggested as he did his. You can poke a hole in the side of a large existing grommet, and push the wire through. That way, it'll stay nice and tight in the grommet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor