After market shifters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
I was checking out the post on the kilduff shifter and got to wondering are there other companies makeong shifters I don’t know about? Of course I know about the Hurst and B&M shifters but what else is out there? Anyone have pictures?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Check Lokar. I installed they're muscle car shifter , looks like the old Muncie 4spd. reverse lockout shifter.

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
My friend Mike has a Gennie shifter for the 4L80E in his '64 El Camino. He is not very fond of it. He just installed a Winters Performance Sidewinder shifter in his CJ-5 for its Turbo 350, and he raves about how much better that one is compared to his Gennie. Now he wants to put another Sidewinder in his ElCo.

I'm about ready to put a decent shifter in my GP (well, after I complete my EFI install). When I do, I've decided I'm going with a Sidewinder.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I loved my Hurst quarterstick. It was simple and easy to use. The downside was it does have long travel unlike a ratchet shifter that stays centered which may not be best for a console. But I never missed even going high 8's and shifting through wheelstands.

Reactions: 1 user

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
If you practice and you're careful, the stock console shifter isn't all that bad. And you can't beat the simplicity! Admittedly, it doesn't seem as cool as a Hurst Pro-Matic 2 for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor