Aftermarket EVAP tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I have a detached garage but in the 19+ years my aluminum fuel cell has been in my car I have never smelled race fuel.
My vent is looped off the rollover valve and is mounted under the rear deck filler.

View attachment 122196
565 I had what looks exactly like this cell in my 70 Chevelle. After I did the Power tour in 99 I parked it in my garage for about a week before I looked at it again. Needed a break !!! Anyway I smelled heavy gas when I went back into garage. Gas dripping out of trunk. One of the welds where the tabs were mounted must've gotten a hair line crack after almost 4000 miles of driving over 10 days. Just my experience with aluminum fuel cells... your results may differ and i'm sure mine was an anomaly because I never heard of this happening to anyone else. Went with a poly tank after that.

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I had what looks exactly like this cell in my 70 Chevelle. One of the welds where the tabs were mounted must've gotten a hair line crack after almost 4000 miles of driving over 10 days. Just my experience with aluminum fuel cells.
My cell I had custom made to my dimensions by Triangle Engineering, it is much thicker gauge than the aluminum cells now and the feet are actual mounting points for a flat surface nowadays if they even have the feet they are only used for locating the cell but not mounting it because of too many situations like you had.
I also had a few plastic fuels cells and all of them would eventually bow in the middle over time.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Update. I finally picked up a bubble stone today and made a vacuum tee I had on hand work. Installed this contraption into the vent line and fastened it secure. That was over 2 hours ago, just went out there and absolutely no fuel vapor smell! Not sure if it's the perfect solution, but it works and will keep the wife off my back and maybe be on her back a bit more :sneaky:;)!!!! Thanks Winkernod for the idea!!
20190908_162347.jpg
20190908_164203.jpg

• Winner
  • Creative
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor