Aftermarket headlight options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
can you point the lights at a garage door or wall to see if the beam has a pattern.....

Here they are on a garage door.The left one has a split personality. It is the bulb because I could flex the back of it and make it change. I noticed the right one does kind of the same thing on high, so I will check to make sure they are plugged in correctly.
WIN_20160810_21_39_20_Pro.jpg
WIN_20160810_21_39_40_Pro.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
so there is no pattern, I like the hella's conversion lenses cause they have a pattern and I can aim them up the road and not bother other drivers...

Reactions: 1 user
In the top pic the spot on the right is the right low beam, when the high beams are on it loses its focus and looks like the left low beam. But the left low beam becomes focused on high beams. So I think its the bulb because it has the led pods on two sides, not 360° like an hid or standard bulb.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I have 4 hella conversion lenses with HID's....4300 bi-xenon HID on the outside and 4300 HID for the high beams. Best lights I have had on my GP and I'll never replace them with anything else.

Nice way to go. Where did you buy the HID's and how do they compare to the LED's ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Nice way to go. Where did you source the HID's and are they better than LED's?

I have a friend who owns an audio and anything else you want store. But the HID he has is the same that you get on Ebay, they are all made in China. As for the Hella conversion lens he ordered them from one of his suppliers. The Hella lenses cost me about $80 for each pair but I think they are worth the price. I like the HID better than the LED. The LED lights I have seen have issues with the heat the circuit board produces and I like the HID beam better.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was talking to my friend at his store today. He has sold 5 LED kits and 4 of them have been returned defective. He tried to warranty one pair of bulbs today and his supplier has discontinued carrying the product....

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
im getting ready to upgrade my headlights using h4 and h1 hella housings... low beams are hid and high are higher wattage bulbs, along with the upgraded harness... ill take pics vs the old set up

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
I was talking to my friend at his store today. He has sold 5 LED kits and 4 of them have been returned defective. He tried to warranty one pair of bulbs today and his supplier has discontinued carrying the product....
If you want quality led bulbs order from vleds. Their led bulbs are superb. I run every single one of their bulbs on my 13 Exl accord. Never had any issues use them daily

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you want quality led bulbs order from vleds. Their led bulbs are superb. I run every single one of their bulbs on my 13 Exl accord. Never had any issues use them daily

I don't want or need led headlights, I like my HID which don't need a huge heat sink with a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor