aftermarket intake and carb for 305 HO

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoknum

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2007
I have an 84 ss stock 305 and i was wondering if anyone knows the best aftermarket intake and carb setup for it. The car is stripped of all the emissions equipment. I am also going to put an MSD 6Al box in the car. I would appreciate any advise you could give me. Oh keep in mind I think I want to go the edelbrock route. Thanks

I'm running a rpm preformer intake and a modded qjet on mine but I would suggest a edelbrock 650 carb on a rpm preformer intake

I'm running a Performer Air Gap intake with a 750 Quadrajet made by Edelbrock....seems good so far!!

smoknum said:
I have an 84 ss stock 305 and i was wondering if anyone knows the best aftermarket intake and carb setup for it. The car is stripped of all the emissions equipment. I am also going to put an MSD 6Al box in the car. I would appreciate any advise you could give me. Oh keep in mind I think I want to go the edelbrock route. Thanks
Also remeber that you will need to run a non computer controlled Distributor and a lock up kit for the trans if you are still running the original trans.

Performer RPM on a 305? So you guys are twisting those things to 6500 RPM?

I ran an Edelbrock SP2P when I had a 305...it's perfect for a 305 as it helps out alot with low end torque, better fuel economy and it's good to around 4500 rpm .....for a carb you don't want anything larger than a 600 cfm

nope but I had mine laying around so it didn't cost me anything but some gaskets and time and it is a hellva lot better than the stocker 😀

Engine = LG4
MSD 8365 distributor
GM Performance 10185063 intake with EGR
SMI remanufactured Rochester 4bbl (335002)
atm looking for hooker 2050 headers

So for you guys running the RPM on a 305. What are you running for heads? And how high are you revving your 305s?

mine is bone stock except the intake and ignition but I am putting parts on as I get them to get ready for my 406

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor