Aftermarket Radio Wiring Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
I've installed an aftermarket radio, but doesn't shut off after I shut the car off, and even when I power it off, it drains the battery over night...

Anybody know how I should wire it to keep it from staying on after the car is shut off, and possibly save my EQ settings after the car is shut off ?

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
So only connect red to red, and tape off the orange/constant wires ?
No, both wires need to be hooked up. Your stereo will require constant power and keyed power. If you post the model number of your radio I can look up the wiring diagram to better assist you. Do you happen to have a multimeter so you can check your cars wiring? That will help us point you in the right direction of how to wire it up.

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
On the radio harness it should be a yellow wire. The Red, black, and yellow/orange wires are usually together on one side of or on a separate harness. The speaker connections are usually on the opposite side.

Attachments

• CBD73EE9-E611-460B-9BF7-38F3A9EC7B1C.jpeg
    CBD73EE9-E611-460B-9BF7-38F3A9EC7B1C.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor