Air cleaner decision!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
I have a couple pics of my engine bay....I wanted to know what your thoughts are regarding the air cleaner. In one pic it is just a simple satin black...the other is in high gloss. I want to put some decals on the lid but not sure which color to go with. That high gloss black powder is super nice stuff!!
Sound off please.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Let me start off by saying I love everything about your car. Both look great . I like the satin finish better though it picks up on the inner fender wells and ties it all together. The gloss stands out too much . Just my 2 cents

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
dr78442 said:
Let me start off by saying I love everything about your car. Both look great . I like the satin finish better though it picks up on the inner fender wells and ties it all together. The gloss stands out too much . Just my 2 cents

That's why I posted...I want your two cents!! Thanks!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
dr78442 said:

I think the DR is right on this one, the satin blends in with the heater box and the fenderwells, where the gloss draws too much attention away from the whole package. I do see the quandry that you're having though, both do look awsome on top of an already beautiful engine bay!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
To me if want people to look at the engine compartment as a whole package then stick with the satin because it blends in with other aspects of your build where the gloss one becomes the focal point there for taking away from the rest of the package.
Though they both look good it's basically a balancing act to get the right look.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I can see why you would want to use the gloss. It does look great! However i think the satin just fits better with everything else.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
Yeah that was kind of my first thoughts too...but I had some down time at the shop and decided to try it out. I will most likely change it back before summer is over. I plan on replacing the front suspension bushings and when I do I want to powder coat the A frames and all the linkage in satin black too.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
dr78442 said:

this was my exact thought too. the engine compartent is perfect with the satin. Simple and clean. I actually think you dont need any stickers maybe like a enine cub one will set off the stock performance look that I get from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor