All pro heads

P

Pickedsilly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2019
Dunnville Ontario
I pick up a set of all pro heads s-200 probably from the early 90’s, tried to get the specs on them from all pro, didn’t get help from them other than wanting to sell me a new set, haven’t found anything on line, any information would be greatly appreciated

olds307 and 403

olds307 and 403

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Assuming sbc heads, probably 200cc intake runners and 2.02/1.60 valves. Aluminum or cast iron?

Reactions: Pickedsilly
P

Pickedsilly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2019
Dunnville Ontario
Assuming sbc heads, probably 200cc intake runners and 2.02/1.60 valves. Aluminum or cast iron?
Aluminum, they are 2.02/1.60 it is the combustion chambers CC’s specs, they seem large hoping 72 or 76 which is what I need with the pistons I have, thanks for your input

B

bracketchev1221

Master Mechanic
Jan 18, 2018
using that as a last resort, thanks for your input
No problem. I bought a plate years ago and got a plastic 100ml cylinder just so that I could check a set of heads I had.

olds307 and 403

olds307 and 403

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The actual as cast CC can vary quite a bit, so measuring is a good idea. You can polish the chambers if larger chambers are needed.

S

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
All-Pro have always been good heads. The age may be of concern though, might be worth doing a quick ball bearing hardness test (Youtube will show you how) to confirm their health. Have they been worked over at all? And it might be worth checking their valve configuration as they were one of the first to move intake and exhaust seats around. If that is the case you may be in for special valvetrain components (guideplates/rockers etc) if they didn't come with the heads.

Got some pics of them and any identifying marks?

Reactions: 64nailhead
64nailhead

64nailhead

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Pretty tough to tell much about them without spending some money on them unless you have a flow bench and inside micrometer.

They make crazy, top end stuff at a price that is not cheap. Have you mocked them up on a block to see if you need anything special in terms of intake or exhaust manifolds?

Ribbedroof

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Being used, no telling if they've been milled or anything else...I'd CC them if it is critical to your build to know the volume.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
8 Engine / Swaps / Driveability 10
B Engine / Swaps / Driveability 25
Marketmerlin Engine / Swaps / Driveability 9

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor