Not open for further replies.

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
pose_442 said:
andrewmp6 said:
is there any led kits that fit the stock tail lights

Ebay has all sorts of LED bulbs to replace the regular bulbs, but I'm not sure if they are worth it.

Also, when using LED's you may need to use an electronic flasher, since the regular flasher senses heat in the wires. LED's run cooler, so some regular flashers may not work.

I found a couple of LED bulbs at the local Advance Auto Parts, and picked them up because they were relatively cheap and because I felt like messing with something on the car. I like the way that LED's look on the newer cars, and I like the instantaneous on-off action they have.

I picked up this brand, which is a direct LED replacement for your normal bulbs.

Well... they suck. Despite what the "Super Bright" brand name would have you believe, they're actually about half as bright as a regular bulb, and you have to be directly behind to see them -- they don't send any light to the sides. So they barely illuminate the tail light assembly.

Getting a good, bright bulb would look a lot nicer than replacing the stock bulbs with LEDs. At least in my opinion.

AJH

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
im debating on geting a roll pan with the zr1 tail lights in it or geting a smooth one and mounting whatever tail lights i want in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor