Aluminum Driveshaft

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Has any one adapted an aluminum drive shaft to an 87 SS. (200R4 to factory 10 Bolt) If Yes what year/make did you use and besides the length adjustmants what about the yokes?

I kept the aluminum shaft out of my '95 GMC Z71 4x4, and it'll need cut down. It's what is referred to as a 1330 shaft and research indicates that 1310/1330 u-joints are good to 500hp. Over that and you'll want 1350. As a factory 4L60e 4x4 the driveshaft has a 3-3-529 slip yoke. These shafts are often stripped of their fiberglass covers and polished.

Others have used the shaft from a 9C1 or a P71 (cop cars). Some are what's called an MMX, or Metal Matrix combo- they mix stuff in with the aluminum to make it better. https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3995798

I heard even some blazers had aluminum shafts don't know what they fit might of been 98 2wd ect ?
I don't know about Blazers but all second gen S10 longbeds had aluminum shafts.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor