Aluminum hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll have to say that it does look a lot like my Malibu hood

The raised middle instead of dropped and the trim line down the center that isnt recessed like it is on the 81-87 2 door cars is kind of a giveaway. Wont work for the 81-87 two door unfortunately

Have a chance to get a factory aluminum hood for my cutlass. Was wondering how rare they are and what would be a good price. He bought it because he was told it would fit his 78 Regal(nope) Even had it painted to match his car.View attachment 112112
Mine was $100, in need of refinishing, but otherwise fully serviceable. Remember, you have to get the softer hinges that match it - the ones for the steel hood can cause you all kinds of problems....

How can you tell if it's an aluminum hood if it's on the car ?
Mine came with an extra hood that is steel and the one in the car seems to rise by itself once you pop the latch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor