DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
jonnyslick said:
Thread hi-jacked!

Prepare for the zombies:

www.zombiehunters.org

As I have assumed for some time ... the Metro St Louis area must be zombie ground zero .... and it shows the ZSC001 is Missouri/Illinios ... I feel compelled to join these freedom fighters but only if I can figure out where the headquarters is located .... nice looking uniforms too

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
meeting at Cherokee and Chippewa ... hmm I see now why they are a well armed group .... not only zombies to worry about there.

Regal8601

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
FL
I think it really depends on the region that you live in. And the current economy isn't helping either. These cars are hot in bigger metro areas (Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, LA, etc.) Your price seems pretty fair though. I have been asking 2900 for mine with a few close offers that I turned down. It needs paint and a few minor things, but I know whoever buys it will dump 10k in rims and candy paint, so if they can afford to do that, than they can afford to pay the full asking price.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Regal8601 said:
I think it really depends on the region that you live in. And the current economy isn't helping either. These cars are hot in bigger metro areas (Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, LA, etc.) Your price seems pretty fair though. I have been asking 2900 for mine with a few close offers that I turned down. It needs paint and a few minor things, but I know whoever buys it will dump 10k in rims and candy paint, so if they can afford to do that, than they can afford to pay the full asking price.

and here I've told some people ... there is no price they can offer

Regal8601

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
FL
DrRansom442 said:
Regal8601 said:

and here I've told some people ... there is no price they can offer

Yeah...I had somebody look at the car today and I felt like telling them that I changed my mind, and the car is no longer for sale, because I couldn't bare the thought of losing such a solid G-body. His wife talked him out of buying the car after he left.

I had a nice silver 87 Cutlass Supreme coupe which I sold 8 years ago that I'm still beating myself up over to this day. idk, I'm thinking about pulling the ad again now...

monte7carlo9

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
WA State
Thanks guys, I might drive it down to the upholsetry shop and see how much it will cost to get the top redone. As for the interior panels, I wish I could find G-bodys in my area in the junkyards so I can get some nicer panels. I been looking for good interior parts for my 79' Monte for awhile with no luck. I guess I just have to be patient and the right person will come around.

I also forgot to mention I have a 1980 regal 3.8 turbo hood that goes with the car, really straight but its a different color.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
monte7carlo9 said:
Thanks guys, I might drive it down to the upholsetry shop and see how much it will cost to get the top redone. As for the interior panels, I wish I could find G-bodys in my area in the junkyards so I can get some nicer panels. I been looking for good interior parts for my 79' Monte for awhile with no luck. I guess I just have to be patient and the right person will come around.

I also forgot to mention I have a 1980 regal 3.8 turbo hood that goes with the car, really straight but its a different color.

Where do you live? I may have some spares available in a few weeks when I put my car together. I have 3 or 4 sets of lower door panels and will only use the best set. Also, try E Bay. It will be very hard to find beige though as GM used horrible plastics in them that went bad in about 4 or 5 years when these cars were new.

iam2fast4u86

Greasemonkey
Jan 8, 2009
SE Ohio
I think the price you are asking is more than fair. The issue you run into is that your average Joe car buyer does not realize that 1980 is a year by itself for the Buick Regal. I have one with 56K and couldn't even put a price on it. Of course the body is the same but the bumpers and header panel are different. In my opinion the 1980 model year is the best looking and most valuable of all non turbocharged Regals.

1985Chevycutlass

Apprentice
Feb 4, 2009
:x 2900? hell I would be asking 3500? :D They are worth their weight in gold here in Louisiana.

gs dewd

Greasemonkey
May 25, 2008
Crimora, Va
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The price is far, but the market is not. No one has money for toys right now. I would keep it for when society completely collapses, and you need it for our dystopian Mad Max future. EFI cars will be no match for carburetors when society disintegrates with the world wide collapse of all the major currencies. Those with old cars that can be recovered easily from an EMP, and the skills to keep them running will rule the wasteland.

I'll be right there with you . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor