An Engine Swap You've NEVER Seen Before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
83cutlassowner said:
86Cutlass383SR said:
Thats just wrong... Not in the fact that it's *not and Olds or SBC* wrong...

Ok, who's down for a Hayabusa swap into a g-body...
please no! hayabusa into a mini, yes please 😀

I'll second a 'busa'd old school Mini....possibly using a Hartman block so it can be hooked to an automotive transmission? Is it wrong that I have been trying to sort out a way to make such a beast possible? For me, the Mini is the perfect sized car and the 'busa engine has one of the sweetest soundtracks at full song. The only thing that could make it better is 2 'busas connected together in a V8 configuration ( which, BTW, Hartman makes a block for too...). It's like a F-1 engine for the street.
yea those busa powered mini's are by far the coolest thing i've seen and best idea anyones had in a while. to bad its so hard to find mini's where i live. plus with my funds it would take me years to build one

dan2286 said:
monte olrac said:
Well I will say it looks very clean and neat...I just wish he put a lambo engine or something with some power instead of a rotary, so now when you see that car you'll think its a beast, and turn out to be a loud *ss Chihuahua.

They make power, just not in the same power band we're used to. It just sucks they make no torque. You could have one with 700 h.p., but they can't even burn out from a stand still.

IMO, it wouldn't matter if this car was making 1000+ hoursepower with torque to match. it could blow me away on the street, but it's like looking at a she-male: you think its a hot chick from a distance just to find out its a man!
and that was just an analogy.

I just got a new Car Craft in the mail today and that car was in there. My first thought was " :puke: ".

The other night i stopped in at Tim's for a coffee (thats our coffee shop to you Americans out there) and there was a MINT 68 or 69 camaro, full cage, tubbed, the works.. I had a look, and wondered why he had that little grand national "arrow" symbol in his back window, even when it was idling it kinda sounded like a v8. Well he gets out on the road and suddenly i hear a turbo spooling and that unmistakeable 3.8 roar 😀

Kinda threw me off, but not quite as wierd as a 69 camaro i read about with a Toyota 2JZ too :shock:

2jz are beast *ss motors...damn dat must have been a pretty cool *ss camaro...i was thinkin of gettin the gn motor setup for my car...but i didnt have the cash at the time... :|

georgeathtx said:
2jz are beast *ss motors...damn dat must have been a pretty cool *ss camaro...i was thinkin of gettin the gn motor setup for my car...but i didnt have the cash at the time... :|

Oh I totally agree, 2JZ can be an absolute beast with a single turbo. My friend has a 1JZ into a Nissan 240 project on the go that will hopefully be making some impressive numbers too.
Theres a link of the camaro:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/off-topic/1 ... -pics.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor