And the preferred choice of car thieves is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
and that's why our insurance company made us put imobilaizers in our cars or we could not insure them so when I have to start up my 1980 442 I have to wave a fob on front of the imobilaizer light or it wont crank over
Really, MPI I assume as it is the only option. Did it just come in? I insured my 88 there 10 years ago with no immobilizer.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
been here for at least 15 years my 2004 GMC sierra had to have it installed MPI mage a list of most stolen vehicles and if you were on the list you had to have the immobilizer so may 2009 it started

Reactions: 1 user

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
My wife worked with a woman that had a GNX that got legitimately stolen three times and recovered (just joy rides I guess) twenty five years ago. She recently started working with this woman again. I asked if the woman still had the GNX, but sadly the answer was no. I’m certain they let it go for way less than it was worth.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
been here for at least 15 years my 2004 GMC sierra had to have it installed MPI mage a list of most stolen vehicles and if you were on the list you had to have the immobilizer so may 2009 it started
It may have started just before I moved and isn't a bad idea. Luckily no one has stolen my G body. We lived by a reserve in Manitoba, many GM vehicles got stolen on regular basis including my 81 Delta 88. Surprised Saskatchewan hasn't done the same.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
I am the chef at the Victoria Inn by the airport 13 years ago it was so bad at the hotel they were stealing Escalades and Hummers for sh*ts and giggles we even had them on camera and they did not care they were pulling up to the hotel with a stolen car and within 2 minutes they were driving off with another car got really bad here for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor