Another Blazer brakes question

Status
Not open for further replies.

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Ok so as I’m considering the upgrade to the brakes on my 87 442 project I started searching the forums for blazer brake upgrade. However I like the stock wheels and so I’m not upgrading to the big brake c5 or anything like that. So by the time I source the used spindles and add new hubs,calipers,rotors and brakes I’m just about the same price as keeping the stock spindles and going with a Willwood brake system. I’m not sure if I’m missing something here in the benefits of the blazer spindle besides hubs instead of wheel bearings. Any input is appreciated.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Many people get the entire assembly used from a u-pull-it type yard and can save a lot of $. If you're buying everything new, there will be little in $ savings if any at all

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Thanks for the reply. I’m up north right on Lake Erie and it’s really hard to find these up here. So I’d have to have them shipped so the savings aren’t as attractive especially with shipping costs in today’s market.

Reactions: 2 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Thanks for the reply. I’m up north right on Lake Erie and it’s really hard to find these up here. So I’d have to have them shipped so the savings aren’t as attractive especially with shipping costs in today’s market.
reach out to fellow forum member JAMCAR223. top notch member, sometimes has these available for sale.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
How close are you to the nearest border crossing into Canada? it might be worth your $$$ to find a yard up north and see if they have what you want. The current exchange rate is around 30% so a dollar USD should get you around a 1.30 CDN. Be sure to fill up on the US side as Canadian gas per litre is $$$$. Most of the Blazers in the yards don't go there for chassis issues; it's the salt and brine that rot the bodies. Either that or they fall outside the age category for repair so get written off if they get hammered in an accident. Do an interweb search ahead of time and make some calls; Never know what might fall into your lap.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Several hours. By the time I paid the gas ext.. it would be cheaper to ship. I’m really thinking I’ll just use my stock spindles and order the Willwood kit front and back. Thanks for the input everyone.

WyoGN

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2022
got both spindles complete....calipers, pads...everything $45 from u pull it in Denver....maybe she under charged me idk

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Blazer 2WD blakes are as rare as Hen's teeth in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor