Another Blazer brakes question

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I agree, I ended up buying the complete spindles from a junkyard, they torched off the A-arms, and I got it all. I had the rotors turned, but bought new calipers and wheel bearings. I didn't want to have to mess with something failing in a year or two. If you can't find them locally, just get the spindles and buy the rest new.

I second, using www.car-part.com. I found my ZR2 Aluminum driveshaft that way, and the blazer brakes.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I already got a set of non rusty Blazer brakes that included new bearing hubs for $300 off of Craigslist a few years ago. Most of the trucks in the junkyards are going to have very crusty suspension parts.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Aftermarket rotors/calipers is like belly buttons; everyone has em! Anyway I pieced my setup from the pick n pull but did buy caliper repair kits as well as rotors/pads/backing plates. I prefer the OEM look vs aftermarket.

Attachments

• 20210123_175042.jpg
    20210123_175042.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have a couple of sets with varying wear. PM me if interested.

Last edited:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
And shipping to "a galaxy far, far, away" has got to be horrendous.

Shipping rates are though the roof with those darn hyperspace trade route taxes.

• Haha

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
In the lower 48, still not so bad; try getting the stuff over the 49th up here to the land of the Frozen Chsoen and watch the shipping rates go freakin' insane. Best guesstimate is you take the buy price and double it to account for the shipping, THEN add the border fees and exchange. Example:? A 99 dollar seat mounting bracket will cost me over 200 CDN before it hits my door still.

Nick

• Agree

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
In the lower 48, still not so bad; try getting the stuff over the 49th up here to the land of the Frozen Chsoen and watch the shipping rates go freakin' insane. Best guesstimate is you take the buy price and double it to account for the shipping, THEN add the border fees and exchange. Example:? A 99 dollar seat mounting bracket will cost me over 200 CDN before it hits my door still.

Nick
I've often wondered, don't you have any "friends" we can ship to just south of the border than you can then go "visit"?

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Aftermarket rotors/calipers is like belly buttons; everyone has em! Anyway I pieced my setup from the pick n pull but did buy caliper repair kits as well as rotors/pads/backing plates. I prefer the OEM look vs aftermarket.
I picked up the whole spindle w/calipers about 5 yrs ago at Belton WAP for about $70-80 total

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor