Another Body Bushing Question (#3 position)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Here’s the deal (1980 El Co), I got the passenger side changed out with no issues. Driver side I had 3 spin. 2 of them I got already, but my question is about the #3 position. This position is different from the rest. It uses the shorter bolt and is different in appearance. So for those of you that have done this already. what’s the deal with this position? And the best way to attack it? Thanks

BodyMount.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm not sure what you are asking but if the bolt is spinning you'll have to cut open the rocker to get to the plate the bolt threads into

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
Don't know if the cutlass is any different. #3 is positioned like this which is different than all other mounts.

2012-10-30154055.jpg

Hope you don't have to do what I did today. Dill a hole and remove the bolt from the top. Pic is from position #6 on cutlass rear frame horn

2012-10-30134015.jpg

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Thanks for the pics, they help. The nut spun on mine. looks like you had to go thru 2 layers to get to it?

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Sadly I had the same thing on my Regal. I had to drill out 4 of the mounts to get at from the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor