Another Crossmember question (jegs brand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
Had a bad experience at gbodyparts,odered and recieved a tubular x member from them and it didnt fit.After about a month now,i finally asked for a refund,tried of dealing with sh*t companies that have horrible customer service.I plan on ordering a jegs x member,for a th350.Has anyone had any experience with one of these?I'm tired of wheeling and dealing with x members that dont fit.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Jeg Crossmember

I bought the TH350 crossmember to use with their dual exhaust kit. It was solid, and fit well except that I had to tap a little ding in the floorboard over the driver's side hump. The rattle I was getting was probably more due to the work rubber body mounts, and the ding isn't visible under the carpet. Warning, this thing is heavy and a pinched fingers are a risk wrestling with it under the car while the transmission is up on a floor jack.

NAILS

Apprentice
Feb 26, 2009
THE ROCK, NY
i have a jegs x member for a 700r4 in my monte and a gforce x member for a th400 in my cutlass.
the craftsmanship on the gforce is second to none- however it is quite pricey. ( you get what you pay for though )
the jegs piece is a little less easy on the eyes, however it is priced well enough that the appearance doesnt bother me. both are structurally strong and unfortunately much heavier than a tubular design.
both were cake to install... lined up perfect. only pic i have of the jegs x memeber installed... goodluck

Attachments

• Copy of full exhaust1.jpg
    Copy of full exhaust1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,709

mickey-d

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
The nicest and least expensive crossmembers I have seen were fabricated for M&M Speed. He has a guy that does custom work for him that is very reasonable, and excellent craftsmanship.http://mandmspeed.com/ Check them out.
............................mickey-d :lol:

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I have a crossmember from 'Iceman' off www.maliburacing.com. Great quality and a heck of a lot cheaper than the G-force units but probably slightly more than the Jeg's brand.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
NAILS said:
i have a jegs x member for a 700r4 in my monte and a gforce x member for a th400 in my cutlass.
the craftsmanship on the gforce is second to none- however it is quite pricey. ( you get what you pay for though )
the jegs piece is a little less easy on the eyes, however it is priced well enough that the appearance doesnt bother me. both are structurally strong and unfortunately much heavier than a tubular design.
both were cake to install... lined up perfect. only pic i have of the jegs x memeber installed... goodluck

i've got the jegs x-member for the 700r4 as well... good looking unit, haven't had the car running yet, so don't know how wel is does in driving applications... if you order it through jegs, pay attention to what headers you can use with it, I had afterburners I installed after the x-member, and they didn't line up with the humps at all, and ended up with the headers that they had designed the x-member with...

HTH,

Darin

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I've got a Jegs 350 x-member. It fit well, but I couldn't use it in my car because my collectors (3.5") are too big to fit under it. I ended up getting a Summit brand x-member, and what they sent me was a G-Force, that's what's on my car now. As long as your collectors are smaller than mine, then you should be fine.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Only comment I'll make on the subject is my uncle used jegster, me & pops used g-force ones...My uncle said he liked mine better only because the humps on g-force are squared rather than rounded like jegster so he had less room to hang exhaust up higher. So the g-force has more clearance in the humps for bigger exhaust, oval exhaust or just to hang exhaust a little higher up. Also another option which I personally don't like but all my racing buddies love is the Iceman tubular one. They all love because it weighs I think like 10 pounds which is nothing compared to the weight of either of the other two.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I used the 700R4 Crossmember and it works fine even with a T5 Transmission :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor